Non Res Guide Draw

rpinelli

Any recommendations on guides for non res mule deer guide draw. Something not outrageously priced.
Thanks guys

In all honesty you get what you pay for. Bargain hunts typically are not a bargain. Do your homework there are some great outfitters in Nevada. I would expect to pay 6K+

best draw odds are here for N.R. alw/rifle deer hunters wanting to go guided, by far. An increase from 2020 tags in many units, apply here if wanting to hunt "NV MULEYS" IN 2021
Bruce & SilverGrand

best draw odds are here for N.R. alw/rifle deer hunters wanting to go guided, by far. An increase from 2020 tags in many units, apply here if wanting to hunt "NV MULEYS" IN 2021
Bruce & SilverGrand
Bruce
Thanks for posting this.
Would you please let me know where you got this info on increased quotas from 2020 and where I can find it?
I have spoken to several Biologist with this question and they said quotas for 2021 will not be released until later in the year. They usually come out after the current general application period Is over.
Is it different for the nonresident guided deer statistics?
The 2020 bonus points and Hunter success results haven’t been completed yet.
They told me not until later in March. Thanks

Jeff,
being a NV Master Guide, received from N.D.O.W. for this upcoming n.r. draw. ALL other tags quotas will be set later this Summer for General Draw. Guide tag numbers come from previous years n.r. alw deer hunt quotas ... My best assumption is since these numbers increased in guide draw for 2021, so will the general numbers for ALL deer hunters this Fall ...
Bruce & SilverGrand

Jeff,
being a NV Master Guide, received from N.D.O.W. for this upcoming n.r. draw. ALL other tags quotas will be set later this Summer for General Draw. Guide tag numbers come from previous years n.r. alw deer hunt quotas ... My best assumption is since these numbers increased in guide draw for 2021, so will the general numbers for ALL deer hunters this Fall ...
Bruce & SilverGrand
Thanks for the explanation.
Hope you get fully booked on hunters this year.
Praying for rain!

The 2021 guide draw quotas are based upon the previous years quotas. The 2021 general draw quotas won't be approved until the May NDOW Commission meeting. Last year in 2020 the overall general deer tag numbers went up, that's why the 2021 guide quotas have gone up this year. Should the general draw quotas go down this year in 2021, the 2022 guide draw quotas will subsequently go down as well. Hopefully that makes sense.

Good explanation. That does make sense.
So for general big game quotas Would this year’s quota recommendations be based on last year’s success rate?
For example would a high hunter success rate result in the following year having a higher quota or lower quota recommendation?

I've hunted blacktails in norcal with Sean he's a great guy and I can tell u he'll give u 110% if u hunt with him and he knows nevada grounds as well as anyone

You get what you pay for

FB_IMG_1612759861744.jpg

for mule deer hunters that have applied in the Guided Outfitter Draw, good going & Good Luck !!! The many that are still " PROCRASTINATING " ... received this note from N.D.O.W. recently,
The Nevada Wildlife Commission approved extending the Non-Resident Guided Mule Deer Hunt Application period an extra week.
The new deadline is now March 15, 2021 11:00pm.

I do not agree with extending deadlines. In my opinion it’s just a money grab by NDOW.
It penalizes the folks that apply on time by decreasing their draw odds.
NDOW did the money grab last year with the regular draw with all their emails and advertising campaign urging and reminding people to apply for the draw even right up till the very last day. Sure there was a record number of applicants last year but the draw odds were horrible because of it. All for the almighty dollar.
I feel if people can’t be responsible enough to get their applications in during the generous timeframe as it is then too bad
Don’t penalize the responsible applicants with all this advertising money grab campaign.
I don’t like it.

I do not agree with extending deadlines. In my opinion it’s just a money grab by NDOW.
It penalizes the folks that apply on time by decreasing their draw odds.
NDOW did the money grab last year with the regular draw with all their emails and advertising campaign urging and reminding people to apply for the draw even right up till the very last day. Sure there was a record number of applicants last year but the draw odds were horrible because of it. All for the almighty dollar.
I feel if people can’t be responsible enough to get their applications in during the generous timeframe as it is then too bad
Don’t penalize the responsible applicants with all this advertising money grab campaign.
I don’t like it.
It's simple, Don't apply

the time is near, Outfitter Deer Draw will take place this coming Monday 22nd. All applicants and Master Guides will receive notice early this day ... a deer tag in hand will aid in making a choice to apply in other states and areas. GOOD LUCK,
Bruce & SilverGrand

Just curious if anyone has seen their results on the Non-Resident guide draw yet? Good luck, I have been checking but haven't seen anything yet

Still waiting and checking also. Does anyone know if Nevada starts hitting the Cards when draw happens say like AZ
NORMALLY does?

In 2020, I was notified 5 p.m. on Wed. after the draw, maybe same in 2021. Covid in all,WHO KNOWS !!!
good luck to ALL applicants who applied ... Bruce & SilverGrand

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom