Non res question?

deerhuntr4885

Can a non resident go to MT and buy an OTC tag to hunt this extended season? Thinking about going if that is the case. I have applied for three years and can not get a tag in the drawing.

Mike Henne

best way to get answer to your question is to call the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks and ask them directly. If the answer is yes, then they can tell you in which units that answer applys because the regs vary from unit to unit. Many units are not even open to the extended hunt and SOME require a previous draw license.

Mark

A resounding NO!!! unless you want to shoot a doe...

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

Yeah, I called and was told that with two points I had a 76% chance to draw last year and got real unlucky. I was told that with 3, I should have about 97% chance next year....We'll see how unlucky I really am next year.

Mike Henne

I didn't draw last year with 3 points. This year I will have 4.
Guess it's a pay back for going twice in '06, once for antelope and a second time for deer. The deer combo tag was a leftover split off the big game combo's. I was not drawn in the general drawing.

Montana's system really isn't a true bonus point system. The points you earn allow another chance in the drawing. You could achieve 20 of your points and theoretically not draw a tag. Confused yet?

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom