North East MT Rut Action?

Howellandson

Hey guys, headed back to NE MT in a week and a half. Wondering if anyone out there has seen any rut action yet?

Thanks!! Jim.

Some bucks are acting like they are getting into the mode but I am still seeing bachelor groups in the evenings

PS, You will be joining most of the people who live in Washington, Minnesota and Wisconsin, not to mention hunters from western Montana, while you are here. There are a lot of hunters around right now.

I been seeing lone bucks wandering. Few of them were alone and the next day had grouped up with some does. Seen small bucks sparing for fun. One buck kept doing a lip curl.

Just havent found what i am looking for yet. Location not NE montana

20211030_161224.jpg
20211029_152040.jpg
20211029_170020.jpg

Saw a few solo bucks this weekend. This guy returned still with all his does. I decided to harvest him. He stunk really bad. He had been rubbing his his glands pretty good.. overall this weekend was very slow for movement. Someone else came hiking in where i was to blast a doe. Not sure why they choosed to go in so deep for a doe but they definatly earned it. Didnt get the buck i had a goal for but some future weekend plans came up which lowered my goal.
20211106_150824.jpg

Saw a few solo bucks this weekend. This guy returned still with all his does. I decided to harvest him. He stunk really bad. He had been rubbing his his glands pretty good.. overall this weekend was very slow for movement. Someone else came hiking in where i was to blast a doe. Not sure why they choosed to go in so deep for a doe but they definatly earned it. Didnt get the buck i had a goal for but some future weekend plans came up which lowered my goal.
View attachment 57779
Better pic? mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom