North end of 27

elkfanatic

Hey guys! I had an unfortunate event that took my hunting partner away for my coues deer hunt in 27. I'm going to try to get down there for two days but I don't really want to get all the way down to cloverdale and there if I don't have someone with me. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen coues on the mountain range directly south of steins? Any information is greatly appreciated!

I know there used to be some mule deer in there. Been 15 years since I have been in them though. Bet they are still there.

I hunted Mule deer there in 2 years ago! Seen all kinds of coues deer in beginning part of Forrest on Geronimo trail. Not to thick but some good coues deer. Sorry I didn't see this post earlier, but just maybe it's helpful. Before the hunts over.

I saw 2 dead muleys on the side of the interstate when driving through last week. I have never seen a coues there, but I have never been hunting in that specific part of 27.

We hunted north of Steins, NM in the mountains that border AZ and saw a good herd of mulies. The NMDGF had transplanted some Silver City Deer to Animas years ago and I have a feeling they're roaming north. The herd had a big buck that we couldn't close the deal on due to a group of javelina we spooked.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom