North slope moose tag

gotta get that finders fee one way or another, right??
Give it a rest.

If he wants a finders fee good for him. If you wouldn't do that good for you. If a somebody sees something and they keep it to themselves good for them. Finders fees only work because guys out there are willing to pay for a little extra help. You don't know their story, maybe its somebody that because of health has struggled to get out like they desperately wish they could have or any thousand of other scenarios. I don't know ChadE12 or his story but good for him for giving that option to somebody who might take him up on his offer.

Sportsman really need to stop picking each other apart because somebody does something different than they personally would.

Give it a rest.

If he wants a finders fee good for him. If you wouldn't do that good for you. If a somebody sees something and they keep it to themselves good for them. Finders fees only work because guys out there are willing to pay for a little extra help. You don't know their story, maybe its somebody that because of health has struggled to get out like they desperately wish they could have or any thousand of other scenarios. I don't know ChadE12 or his story but good for him for giving that option to somebody who might take him up on his offer.

Sportsman really need to stop picking each other apart because somebody does something different than they personally would.
What "sportsman" really need to do is stop pimping wildlife at every turn.

We all (myself included) should think a little broader about our actions and their impact rather than focusing on our own reward in all of this, otherwise you are nothing more than a paid mercenary.

Last edited:
gotta get that finders fee one way or another, right??
I don’t know the original poster, but also agree you should let it go. It seems a little hypocritical to me that you wanted the original poster to tell you where the bull is “privately” for free, but you then have a problem if he tells anyone else where it is for money. While as a general rule I don’t necessarily agree with a finders fee, I’m also not really sure what ChadE12’s motives are. After all, he did ask for the sportsman’s tag, not the governor’s tag. Maybe he’s just wants a little bit of money.

What "sportsman" really need to do is stop pimping wildlife at every turn.

We all (myself included) should think a little broader about our actions and their impact rather than focusing on our own reward in all of this, otherwise you are nothing more than a paid mercenary.
I agree that we all can look at our actions and the impacts they will have. As hunters become a smaller and smaller proportion of the U.S. population if we're not careful we will get outvoted and hunting will be gone by majority vote. Fighting amongst hunters is a sure way to help speed that along.

I do disagree about the situation at hand. Would I do it differently? Yeah, but other hunters pay for services to help them in their hunting adventures all the time. Unless we get rid of all that too I see no harm in this. It doesn't hurt the moose, it doesn't hurt you, it doesn't hurt the image of hunting. There's a service/info somebody is willing to pay for. If he had the moose tied to a tree or trapped in a corral, yeah things would be different. Then the moose would suffer, and the image of hunting would suffer. But its a free range moose and all that is getting payed for and exchanged is some info of where it was a few days ago with no guarantee of where it is now. He could have easily gotten on and given that info out for free and it wouldn't have caused anybody heart ache. He didn't want to do that and offered the info for a price. We all then get to decide if its a price we want to pay. Nobody is forcing anybody to pay for it. He's not restricting anybody in any way. Any hunter with a moose tag can still go scout and hunt for themselves or, if they want, pay for a guide. This is offering something that might benefit somebody if they want it with zero harm to those who don't want to pay.

Bottom line is there is a service/info that he has, that somebody else might be willing to pay for that violates no fair chase ethics, or laws.

Let me guess-you are all ardent members/cheerleaders of SFW :ROFLMAO:

We obviously have a difference of opinion on this - all good.

I had a CO moose tag this year and was on the other side of this situation. I had scouted for 6 weeks, found what I considered a giant bull, and then kept tabs on him until the start of my hunt. The day before my hunt I ran into two elk hunters that saw a "huge bull" but they were going to share it's whereabouts with a buddy who was guiding the governor's tag holder and were told that they would be paid handsomely for the info. Well it turned out that it was the bull I had been watching for over a month. My heart sank. I told these guys the amount of time and work I had put into this bull. In the end these guys saw what I had put into him and decided not to share the info with the guide friend. I respect those guys for that. They gave up the money to help someone out that had put in the work. After I shot my bull I contacted Hoopscoach on this website, who also had the same tag, and gave the location of my #2 and #3 bull to help him out. Sometimes it's more about the work applied than the money, at least for me.

Marley - I am glad your scenario worked out the way it did. Those guys are stand up dudes to not sell out that bull that you worked hard for to some "trigger puller".

Unfortunately that scenario usually goes a different way and none of it is good. Anytime money is involved and changes hands with a trophy animal, entitlement begins to creep in and we start seeing road blocking incidents to keep other hunters away, posse groups of over 10-15 "spotters" on every ridge to ensure the paid for animal does not get away. And that is just the beginning of what is wrong with these situations.

If some of you can't see the issues with this, I don't know what to tell you.

I had a CO moose tag this year and was on the other side of this situation. I had scouted for 6 weeks, found what I considered a giant bull, and then kept tabs on him until the start of my hunt. The day before my hunt I ran into two elk hunters that saw a "huge bull" but they were going to share it's whereabouts with a buddy who was guiding the governor's tag holder and were told that they would be paid handsomely for the info. Well it turned out that it was the bull I had been watching for over a month. My heart sank. I told these guys the amount of time and work I had put into this bull. In the end these guys saw what I had put into him and decided not to share the info with the guide friend. I respect those guys for that. They gave up the money to help someone out that had put in the work. After I shot my bull I contacted Hoopscoach on this website, who also had the same tag, and gave the location of my #2 and #3 bull to help him out. Sometimes it's more about the work applied than the money, at least for me.
I agree and would hope anybody else would do the same in your situation.

This situation is very different in that the hunt is in its last week for regular tag holders, in the other post he was asking for the sportsman tagholder who is just some lucky person and not the highest bidder. This moose obviously doesn’t have a dedicated hunter who put in lots of time and is waiting for opening morning because the hunt has been going on for a month now, and this info could be of great use to somebody else who has this unit's tag, which is what this particular post is asking for. Somebody with a north slope tag.

Marley - I am glad your scenario worked out the way it did. Those guys are stand up dudes to not sell out that bull that you worked hard for to some "trigger puller".

Unfortunately that scenario usually goes a different way and none of it is good. Anytime money is involved and changes hands with a trophy animal, entitlement begins to creep in and we start seeing road blocking incidents to keep other hunters away, posse groups of over 10-15 "spotters" on every ridge to ensure the paid for animal does not get away. And that is just the beginning of what is wrong with these situations.

If some of you can't see the issues with this, I don't know what to tell you.
I hope you can see the hypocrisy of what you're saying. Its not fair to say that just because somebody scouts and puts in more time they are then "entitled" to kill a certain animal over others. Some lucky kid with a tag who showed up the night before has just as much of a right to kill any animal on opening morning as some person who spent months on the mountain before the season started. I've seen those type of people get just as entitled as guys who have paid for it just because they feel like the animal is "theirs" because they scouted. It goes both ways.

I think your afraid of a made up situation that isn't what is actually happening. The hunt has been going on for a month now. Any hard workers who have put in the time have had ample opportunity to get it done.

He didn't ask for the guides, but for some lucky person who drew the sportsman tag. Then when he heard the sportsman tag was filled he created this post asking for Joe Smoe lucky tag holder who has the north slope tag. We have absolutely no way of knowing what could happened. Does money change hands and people get crazy about blocking roads? Sure, that can and does happen occasionally. Do guys do the same when they see a big animal while scouting? Sure, that can and does happen occasionally. Is that what would have happened here? You have no way of knowing and given the facts of the situation the likelihood is low given that the season has been going on for a month and ends in a few days.

Are their situations where there can be issues? Yes. Is this it? Most likely not.

Your letting your fear of a made up situation scare you into not thinking critically about the situation.

I would have done it differently, but I have enough critical thinking and space to admit that others can do things differently than the way I would do them to realize that there isn't anything wrong going on here even though I wouldn't have done it myself.

I hope you can see the hypocrisy of what you're saying. Its not fair to say that just because somebody scouts and puts in more time they are then "entitled" to kill a certain animal over others. Some lucky kid with a tag who showed up the night before has just as much of a right to kill any animal on opening morning as some person who spent months on the mountain before the season started. I've seen those type of people get just as entitled as guys who have paid for it just because they feel like the animal is "theirs" because they scouted. It goes both ways.

I think your afraid of a made up situation that isn't what is actually happening. The hunt has been going on for a month now. Any hard workers who have put in the time have had ample opportunity to get it done.

He didn't ask for the guides, but for some lucky person who drew the sportsman tag. Then when he heard the sportsman tag was filled he created this post asking for Joe Smoe lucky tag holder who has the north slope tag. We have absolutely no way of knowing what could happened. Does money change hands and people get crazy about blocking roads? Sure, that can and does happen occasionally. Do guys do the same when they see a big animal while scouting? Sure, that can and does happen occasionally. Is that what would have happened here? You have no way of knowing and given the facts of the situation the likelihood is low given that the season has been going on for a month and ends in a few days.

Are their situations where there can be issues? Yes. Is this it? Most likely not.

Your letting your fear of a made up situation scare you into not thinking critically about the situation.

I would have done it differently, but I have enough critical thinking and space to admit that others can do things differently than the way I would do them to realize that there isn't anything wrong going on here even though I wouldn't have done it myself.
Are you this dude’s mom? There is no hypocrisy at all in what I said about Marley’s situation. Sure, guys can feel entitled due to the work and scouting that they put in on animal, but you start adding dollars to the equation and that probability compounds big time.

Pimping wildlife is not good for anyone-try your critical thinking skills on that thought.

Pimping wildlife is not possible by definition of what pimping is... but extorting wildlife is something that could happen. Where is your made up line though? Should we get rid of guides? Get rid of all state biologists and managers because they get paid through license funds? Get rid of hunting because we all have to buy a tag? Make everybody bring all the food and gas they will use during their hunts from home because gas stations and grocery stores closer to where they hunt benefit from hunters stopping by? Hotels when people stay at them? Paying money to hunt wildilfe is the reason we have any wildlife left to hunt. Every person pays to hunt in one form or another. Most of that money goes back into conservation. Some of it doesn't like guides, gas, food, hotels and so on. But to say it isn't good for anyone is stupid and completely false. Again use your head.

You know the answer to all those questions and I won’t dumb it down anymore for you. There is a massive difference between the exchange of money for a “finders fee” for an animal vs buying a tag or renting a hotel room to hunt.

I hope you and your buddy get what you are looking for-you fit in well with the Utah approach to monetize and pimp wildlife. Peace out!!✌️

You know the answer to all those questions and I won’t dumb it down anymore for you. There is a massive difference between the exchange of money for a “finders fee” for an animal vs buying a tag or renting a hotel room to hunt.

I hope you and your buddy get what you are looking for-you fit in well with the Utah approach to monetize and pimp wildlife. Peace out!!✌️
There not a difference. A service that is related to hunting wildlife is being offered for money. Its the same be it guides, finders fee, or getting a permit.

I have no clue who this dude is. I'm just willing to think outside the box and realize just because somebody does something differently than me doesn't make it wrong.

Sorry you had to peace out because you can't come up with anything better than "pimping is wrong".

It’s total BS, I to put in a lot of time this year scouting for Moose. I love every thing about it and saw some incredible animals. If I ran into someone having problems hunting do to health,inexperience or unfamiliar with the area I would go out of my way to help them so would most guys on this forum. I see a big problem with a guy trying sell a trophy animal off a trail cam picture in the middle of the hunting season. I really hope the future of hunting is not going down that path. If this was my Web site I would have deleted this long ago. Thanks ChadE12 or innovative tech you were a big help so was somedaya160 in making up my mind to go after total elimination of trail cameras on public land. This thread will be going out to game and fish commissioner’s and state legislators.

Last edited:
It’s total BS, I to put in a lot of time this year scouting for Moose. I love every thing about it and saw some incredible animals. If I ran into someone having problems hunting do to health,inexperience or unfamiliar with the area I would go out of my way to help them so would most guys on this forum. I see a big problem with a guy trying sell a trophy animal off a trail cam picture in the middle of the hunting season. I really hope the future of hunting is not going down that path. If this was my Web site I would have deleted this long ago. Thanks ChadE12 or innovative tech you were a big help so was somedaya160 in making up my mind to go after total elimination of trail cameras on public land. This thread will be going out to game and fish commissioner’s and stat legislator.
I’m honestly curious. What do you specifically feel like is the “big problem”?

I agree that I would go out of my way to help somebody if they were having a hard time, but on the same hand just because I would do something doesn’t mean it’s a law.

Thanks ChadE12 or innovative tech you were a big help so was somedaya160 in making up my mind to go after total elimination of trail cameras on public land. This thread will be going out to game and fish commissioner’s and stat legislator.
Im also in the camp of getting rid of trail cameras. So you’re welcome I guess? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom