North Slope Moose

Chris Mac

I drew a North Slope Bull Moose tag. With most of the area in a wilderness area, I need somebody with horses or mules nearby that can pack it out. Looking for a referral for someone to hire in the area. Help?

Just wanted to check in and see how your hunt was going. I drew the NR tag for that area but not coming out until the 25th. Good luck.

DJ

DJ,

I shot a 149 inch bull on Saturday morning in the West Fork Blacks Fork area about .5 miles above the river crossing. I scouted 13 days and saw several bulls in the early AM and late PM hours. Seems to me they are all gone by 7:45 and dont come out until just prior to dark. The most I saw in this meadow was seven bulls at one time. We called the bull I shot in on Thursday to the road (east of the meadow) who was with the two other bulls we had seen a couple times and then watched my Bull fight with another on Friday morning. After the shot, the other bull hung around for a while (130 score)

As for the other scouting efforts, I saw a really large bull by China Lake a month ago; an average bull in Middle Fork Blacks Fork area and a last one east of Lyman lake.

Good Luck!
1600110812837.png
1600110812837.png
1600110812837.png

ice looking bull. Sounds like you had a good time. Hopefully one of these years!!! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats Chris great bull. I scouted that area in July, the west fork of the blacks fork was one of the prettiest areas very scenic. I didn’t see any moose but knew that area would produce. Nice work.

DJ

Congratulations great bull! Looks like there are a few good bulls hitting the dirt this year.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom