North vs South Manti

stillwaitin

Hey guys, just looking for a little info for my LE Muzzy tag down on Manti. I know a small area towards the South end and have spent some time on the North end scouting this year. I plan on spending a lot more time down there but I am trying to decide what area to spend more time in. So my question are: does one area tend to hold more elk? Seems that more people I talk to and read about hunt elk on the North end of the unit. My other question is do the deer hunters tend to be more spread out or do they trend toward the South or North side? I am just worried about getting into an area full of deer hunters. Thanks for any and all info.

Fairview, Ephraim, and 12 Mile are the best canyon roads, thusly contain the most people. The main canyons have the most ATV tourists. To get away from more people, drop down off the forks on the eastern side. We will be muzzy hunting, we camp on the Manti and hunt from North Fork to Six Mile. Best elk we see are down in the forks that time of year. I personally think Six Mile is the best elk hunt, and generally has fewer people than its neighboring canyons. We will be off Manti canyon road, somewhere about 1/2 up. I have a 24ft sandstorm toyhauler, there will be a couple of 80's Nomads, a 80's roadrunner, and a newer Koala. If you see camp, don't be afraid to stop in, we are pretty slutty and "give it up" pretty easy as to if and what we have been seeing.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

I'd take Hoss's advice......

The NW portion of the Manti elk herd has fallen off significantly
over the last few years.....

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Great advice, thanks guys. Hoss, that sounds about where we typically camp during the summer and last year for the archery deer hunt as well so I will keep an eye out for you.

Have hunted the central area,Potters pond, Indian Creek, trail mountain, East Mountain Rilda, Crandal, Horse, and Millfork canyons, for 30 years. Elk are getting harder to find every year. Way to many people where I hunt. Thinking of heading to the south end.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom