Northern Arizona Taxidermist?

COLO3D

Very Active Member
My step dad shot a very nice bull in Arizona this year, we had promised to pay to get it mounted if it was a 6 point or better. Well he got a 7x7 that should score around 345! His first call to a taxidermist in Arizona was for $1200. That is quite a bit higher than here in Denver and I just wanted to see what the going rate is and if there are any taxidermists that you would recommend in Northern Arizona. Some pics of their work would not hurt either.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-08 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]around the showlow area i like chris williams at trappers den or kevin at majestics they are both in the price range i think that is your high end but they do great work... i can email pics if you would like

There is a very good taxidermist in Camp Verde. I don't remember the name of his studio, but his first name is Pat. I'm sure others can tell you who he is. I've been in his studio and he does a nice job on elk.

Signature Taxidermy. I believe they are in Flagstaff. They do very good work. My buddy has 4 or 5 mounts done from them.

MBBGH

Chris at Trappers Den does some of the best work on Elk I have seen. Highly recommended.

snipersmilie.gif

Call Chris Favour at Mount n View Taxidermy. He does awesome work and has reasonable prices.

Clay Goldman at Mogollon Taxidermy in Payson. They do top notch work, get the job done in a reasonable time, and have fair prices.

His first
>call to a taxidermist in
>Arizona was for $1200. That
>is quite a bit higher
>than here in Denver

$1200 is around the going rate, if you are finding a lot cheaper in Denver, then I would avoid that taxidermist. Are you hunting for a price, or are you hunting for the best taxidermist out there? One that is going you something nice to look at for the next 50 years?

> His first
>>call to a taxidermist in
>>Arizona was for $1200. That
>>is quite a bit higher
>>than here in Denver
>
>$1200 is around the going rate,
>if you are finding a
>lot cheaper in Denver, then
>I would avoid that taxidermist.
>Are you hunting for a
>price, or are you hunting
>for the best taxidermist out
>there? One that is going
>you something nice to look
>at for the next 50
>years?

My taxidermist her in Denver does outstanding work and charges $950 for an elk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom