Northern Elk

Blank

Long Time Member
Spent the last week chasing turkeys and scouting in Units 7-W, 8, and 10. Never seen so many elk before, and they look to be in good shape. Checked about 3 dozen tanks, and while low, almost every one had water remaining in them. You guys lucky enough to draw tags should have a good Fall.

Turkeys won this time. Only saw one gobbler, and couldn’t get in closer tha 80 yards. First time ever for this tag, and didn’t take into account all the pressure of previous hunts, sheer number of people camping and driving around.

I had a really knowleable friend who is great turkey hunter there, and he was shocked we didn’t see lots. Covered about 300 miles of forest roads in both 8 and 10, checked 6 mountains, and about 30 tanks.

I sound like a Dallas Cowboy fan. Wait ‘til next year!!!!!

Good to hear. My brother is convinced there's no elk on 7w. Its was like pulling teeth to get him off 9 for a day last sept.

Thanks Blank.

my boy and I have 10 early archery tags and I keep watching the weather. Sounds really dry but glad to hear from you that they look good. A couple spring showers and a solid monsoon Season would be great.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom