Northwest Hunter TV show

BigPig

Very Active Member
Anyone catch this show last night? They were hunting mulies in Montana. OK show, but what really caught my attention was the binocular thingy he had. Did anyone see that? It was a fake binocular that was really a booze flask. You could unscrew the eyepieces and take a sip. This would make a great gag gift for a buddy. Anyone know where to find one?

I saw that show, too. Here's a link to where you can find it.
http://funideas.com/product.asp?pid=34
Did you wath Jack Brittingham after that? I'm a big fan of his just because I love seeing rich guys spending their money exactly the same way I would. Come on PowerBall!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-05 AT 08:56AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-05 AT 08:55?AM (MST)

Yeah I saw that too. Thanks for the link. I couldn't believe he initially judged that big typical mulie so low. When he was saying it might gross 185 I was shouting at the TV. That thing was easily 190 NET. He hardly seemed excited, almost dissapointed. He obviously underestimated the buck. I'd crap to have my sights on a 190+ typical, and if I killed it I'd be doing backflips. That Nyala in the pond was pretty cool.

That was a heck a mulie. I was surprised at how disappointed he was, too. I think when people hunt the Jic, they have visions of those 230+ NT.

I really like Brittinghams show. One can only dream of what it must be like!

That Northwest hunter show is kinda cheesy. At least all his mulie hunts are!

With a deep salesmans pitch voice!

"In my opinion this is as good as it gets for QUALITY trophy class mule deer hunting. You should call my service and sign up today"!!!

Aaaa. Ok, how bout you pay me, and I'll come up and shoot a dink for $3,000. :D

I was wondering why he had binos from 1962. Thought maybe he fell on hard times and had to hawk his EL's. After they took that first dink I said to the wife... I betcha he says "gonna be good eatin."

He sure made a big deal about the $35 headlamp. Whoopie snort dude, give away the bino flask or somethin!!!

Did you see Jack's buck do a double gainer back flip off that ridge. I hate when they cut away from video like that.

Off season sure gets loooooonnnnnnnggggg!

Yeah the show is cheezy. I just got a good chuckle out of that binocular/flask thing. I thought those muleys were a little weak to be calling trophies too. One was OK, and one was barely a 4pt.

Yep, I saw the show too. I'm still trying to figure out why he didn't think that the nice symetrical 5x5 was good enough. Would have been for me. I was pretty impressed with him wading through the water during the African hunt. But like most of the shows on the OLN and the Outdoor Channel there's too much focus on trophy sized animals to actually relate it to most typical hunters. Still, I gotta watch em and dream.

The bino thing was cool!

That 5x5 seems like a great deer until you pay $25,000 for a tag. I would think you become a lot more picky :)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-05 AT 12:09PM (MST)[p]Yeah, your probabaly right nmtaxi. If I dropped a bunch of coin on a guided hunts all the time I would be pickier. I myself enjoy watching all the hunting shows out there, it just gets old listening to these guys who look at a 190" deer as just marginally acceptable and don't really act as if it is a trophy. Watching someone shoot a freezer filling doe or a world record buck is still better then watching some of the reality TV shows out there!

Amen! I'd rather watch a TV show where the hunter hikes miles and miles and kills a dink mulie, than one with some fat guy who walked 25 yards into a heated shooting house to shoot the world record whitetail.

Right on bigpig hit that one on the head my boys make me turn the channel when the bell goes off corn flys all over and let the hunt begin give me a break!!CM Those binos were cool though!

D@mn! The ONE time I've missed Tuesday night pursuits in months was this week. Sounds like I missed a good night......that figures.
Thanks for letting my imagination run though.

Lien2

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom