Not many Blacktail Buck pictures?

>Post up your blacktail buck pictures
>if you have any

Just posted one for ya under "Twelve year wait"

Here?s a Sitka from this year...
658091add70ff4f9f479988352007fd40e0f7.jpeg

Mostly Blacktail with a few Mule Deer and a couple Whitetail, and one Sitka Blacktail. My best bucks are on the wall in my office and family room. I'm really a meat hunter, but over the last 50+ years I do have a few Wallhangers.

View attachment 9945
I just turned 70 this year, shot my first black tail when I was 8 if I would of keep all the horns I would probably have close to what you have. Congratulations on some nice bucks. I was very lucky growing up and being able to hunt a 13,000 acre ranch and sure miss it but I don’t miss California at all.

Some of the young Bucks are thinking about it. For this area mid October is when it is "Full On". Of course the season is over by then. I go to the top of the ranch almost every day from about the 1st of October on, and I see Bucks that would Rock your World.

It looks as if he broke it off far enough down that it didn't grow anything at all this year. I was after a different buck, but when he walked down the trail I couldn't pass him up.

A-zone blacktail from 6 or 7 years ago. 18" wide or so, small crab forks, but enjoyed watching my hunting partner miss 3 times, the buck looking around confused, and me dropping him in one shot. Got over to the ridge he was on to recover him and found out my hunting partner had grazed the antler apparently, which made us both have a good chuckle before starting the 2 hr uphill drag to the Jeep.

DSCN1916.JPG

Saw several nice potential at the ranch a week or so ago
4E0791DA-EE90-49AB-9DAA-5AB4296BFBC4.jpeg

Hope they finish out well as they had a good start
Got this one on Camera last year but never saw him in daylight
009FDED8-D2AE-4B43-B3FA-47517A735189.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom