Not many CO reissue tags this week

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I expected to see more 3rd and 4th season reissue tags this past week. I only track about 15-18 hunts, but haven’t seen much. You guys see many?

Very very few this week. Surprised there were not more 3rd season tags. I think people want to hunt this year! Good luck tomorrow to everyone hunting.

People enjoying this year with the results of Nov 3rd it may very well be our last brace yourselves hunting and gun ownership is about to get ugly

Today has been a busy day for leftover tags. I’ve gotten four different notifications including the deer tag I was hoping for and was able to buy :)

Last edited:
You know when you’re self employed and work from home.......I thought today was Friday. So someone got 6 hours and a day on the 3rd.
I’m losing it.

Saw a 44 4th season CO buck tag posted today but as soon as I saw it, I checked the CPW site and it was gone.

I would have to say I got my money’s worth with the app for returned tags. Got a reissue elk tag and picked up a returned deer tag. Got skunked on elk but did ok for deer
F25CAF76-A8EB-420C-8220-339B2D8494F8.jpeg
64966AA6-A869-40E6-98A9-4839A4F00E69.jpeg

Pretty cool. I got my wife a decent buck tag last year. But I couldn’t get a late season cow tag to save my life this year. I do like the new system, it may be competitive but still gives a good chance at decent tags.

I am beginning to really like spot and stalk. Spotted him on the side of a Mesa about 3/4 of a mile away about 9:30 AM feeding with 3 does. Watched for 40 min until he bedded down. Then went around the back side of Mesa and got up above him. Used landmarks I had seen to get aprox where he was. Crept to the edge and was able to spot a doe right away but no buck due to the cedar thicket he had bedded down in. I determined I would wait all day if I had to. About 10 min later the doe got up and fed across the hill. Another 10 min passed and then the buck stood up and started to follow. A belly crawl to the edge thru the snow and a 150 yard shot on a steep angle down with my 270 and he was down for good ?. So all in all about 2 hours from spotting him to the shot. Keeps your adrenaline going!

One other neat detail. There was another hunter hunting that same area who was there earlier that morning. I literally was laying on top of his footprints in the snow when I shot ?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom