not so fast

N

nevadanative

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 05:54PM (MST)[p]85 7/8
48b496e971376e7a.gif

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 06:36?PM (MST)

scores 85 7/8 with 8 inch bases, length of horn 15 inches, prongs 6 inches and 5 7/8, second measurment up 7 7/8 the rest you will just have to look up in the book

WOW....very nice.....you'll be the only pronghorn in the book with 8" bases.....secret springs is a huge area, think you could say what unit it was?

JB

thanks for all the great positive quotes the area is northern nevada and killed with a 440 yard shot

don't get me wrong. that is a beutiful goat...but it looks about 77 inches to me....maybe less

wow 8" bases huh? d13r is off, but not by much. i beleive there are a grand total of two (2) bucks in B&C with 8" bases. i would bet it will be 2 next year also !

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08 AT 08:16PM (MST)[p]after the seasons over i will let you know

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08
>AT 08:16?PM (MST)

>
>after the seasons over i will
>let you know

what difference will that make??

JB

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08 AT 09:20PM (MST)[p]I agree....what difference does it make.....if anyone wants to know where i shot my BOOK goat let me know ..
48b76a5c4627da10.jpg

BTW it scores in the mid 84 range.....

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]hey dont be a downer the reson i wont say where and how is their is a few buddies in the same area and theres a huge bet on who will get the bigger lope and trust me there were some realy close if not bigger lopes in the area and i dont want to lose out

I don't get it?? they either have a tag for the unit or they don't......can't go buy one now

JB

Regardless.... congrats at such a trophy - keep us posted if you win the bet with your buddies. Post their pctures up when they get one down.

I have a tag this year too in NV- (Northern NV-east of Gerlach)- getting out there this weekend! Hope there are some big ones out there too!

ditto on area 111...although i dont see keeping the area a big secret, i could understand keeping the range, creek, etc. hush hush but the area? its not hard to find out which area it is in...name+tag list= area. I do think it is a nice lope'...85+..i dont think so, but pictures can be decieving i guess...i do know what an 85" lope looks like since i do have one on the wall(seriously) but it is over 16 1/2" tall so maybe mass does add for something. Still...nice goat. Ya just dont have to try and James Bond everybody. Why do the guys in LV seem to think that they have the inside scoop on everything? Ask a northern nevada for some help and 9 times out of 10 you get some good info..ask a LV guy and it seems like its some big secret...maybe it has to do with that area 51 thing..i dont know

nvhunter....i agree 85+????...I don't see it..mass does count but...not enough to push that goat over even 80 inches...nice goat but not a booner...not even close...

Come on you guys. Mass is everything. Think about it. You get 8 mass measurements and two more if you count the prong. The prong measurement starts at the midline of the back of the horn. So really you get 10 mass measurements. With 8 inch bases this buck is well into the 80s. I just took a goat in the same area with 7 inch bases and it scored right at 80 inches and it is no way the buck that this one is. By the way great goat. You need to send a picture to Northern Nevada Outdoors magazine.

85+....nice try....nice goat for sure but to say it is 85+??????
mass does not make a 13inch goat go book.....we all want to say we shot a book goat but come on.....8 inch bases?????average mass...average prongs....77 max.....

The reason some of you guys may not have shot a big lope is you cant field score them thru the glass the offical score was 83 and thats letting him dry in the garage not in a freezer like some do this buck shrunk over 2 inches gross score 85 7/8
net 83 0/8 love to see you guys in the feild helps some of the rest of us that know what were doing keep getting trophys keep up the good work!!!

OMG! you are the MAN!! I guess you really showed us who knows their stuff!!! We will all just have to stay out of the field and just let you go ahead and do your thing! Go get em big boy!! I believe most of us said no way on 85+...hmmmm looks like most of us were actually right. We all congratulated you on a nice buck..just doubted the score...hmmm we were right again. I bow to you..you are the master....in your own mind!! Sure am glad you let him dry in the garage, not in the freezer like the rest of us. Your right..you know what your doing, i will pull my truck over or step off the trail if i ever see you coming and let you by so you can do what you do best. Hail Hail oh great one!

Good One NVHUNTER 85 No Way! I Shot One Last Year 18 1/8 One Side 17 17 7/8 On The Other And I Did Not Get To Over 85.Where The Score Sheet! I Have Mine.RAM4G Gordon

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-08 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p]I gotta ask, why the hell would you let it dry like that? or do you mean you left it in the garage after boiling and plastering the horns? (B&C prep) most of us, that know nothin, putem in the freezer until they are boiled, then they are set out to dry, but to set them out to rot in the garage must be somthin the veterans do??

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom