Not sure how to take this?

It looks like Hodgdon will become the largest powder distributor. Hopefully they will not jack up the prices since they will have the market on most powders.
RELH

Of the main 5 or 6 rifles we shoot the most, Hodgdon/IMR powders in 4350 and 4831 lines will shoot pretty good. I've yet to load one of our rifles with 4831 and not get a 1.5" or better without much effort. That being said, I've had better accuracy with the RL powders in the magnums with the exception of the .300 Win mag which will shoot a 200 gr Partition sub MOA with IMR 4350.

So maybe powders are like bullets; they'll all do the job, you just gotta place the shot?

My son has his Grandfather's 7mm and 300 Weatherby mag rifles that both will shoot well under one inch groups using H4831 powder. My 300 Win. mag. rifle likes IMR-4350 powder for it's best groups of one inch or better at 100 yards. I use more Hodgdon powders for both my rifle and pistol shooting over other powders by a large margin.
RELH

Maybe we will be able to buy bh209 by the pound now.

I see this as a good thing, at least in terms of a more stable supply chain.

I run a lot of Hodgdon powder, and have been tinkering with some of the new IMR Enduron.

Also, a lot of Alliant and Vihta Vouri powders too. I spread the love around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom