Not sure what to call...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...these country-style pork ribs, but they sure turned out good. Two hours of smoking with apple wood & 4 hours in a crockpot with a sauce of El Pato tomato sauce with diced onion, garlic, jalapenos & various spices turned the $.86 lb ribs into a delicious -- albeit a bit too tangy hot -- meal. Next time I'll go a bit easier with the Huy Fong sauce I added in the crockpot.

CSribs2.JPG

CSribs3.JPG

Last edited:
I love El Patio. I use the Jalapeño salsa that comes in the green can to make tacos. It works great in lieu of water when preparing the hamburger. I also use the Tomato sauce if I can’t find the jalapeño stuff. Not many people I know use that El Patio.

I love El Patio. I use the Jalapeño salsa that comes in the green can to make tacos. It works great in lieu of water when preparing the hamburger. I also use the Tomato sauce if I can’t find the jalapeño stuff. Not many people I know use that El Patio.
Never tried the jalapeno version. I put it on my bride's grocery list. Thanks.

My ex would mix Lipton Onion soup mix , jellied cranberries and French dressing. She would cook it in stove until thickened some. Parboiled the boneless country ribs with garlic and salt. Then she would put them in tin foil lined Brad loaf pans and bake for 3 hours at 225°.
It was amazing.

Looks great OW you must weigh a ton eating like this every day. I couldn't do it. At my age I just look at it and gain weight. LOL

My ex would mix Lipton Onion soup mix , jellied cranberries and French dressing. She would cook it in stove until thickened some. Parboiled the boneless country ribs with garlic and salt. Then she would put them in tin foil lined Brad loaf pans and bake for 3 hours at 225°.
It was amazing.
I can't wrap my mind around that combination, but that's true with a lot of recipes that taste great once their cooked.

Looks great OW you must weigh a ton eating like this every day. I couldn't do it. At my age I just look at it and gain weight. LOL
I eat only one normal meal a day, though I might sometimes splurge with a breakfast on the weekend. As I result, I weigh about the same I did when I played HS football 60+ yrs. ago.

I can't wrap my mind around that combination, but that's true with a lot of recipes that taste great once their cooked.

I eat only one normal meal a day, though I might sometimes splurge with a breakfast on the weekend. As I result, I weigh about the same I did when I played HS football 60+ yrs. ago.
Well, she won me over with that meal. My taste buds were loving it. I tried making it once but it wasn't near as good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom