now that deadline is over, tell what you applied for

I applied for 6 species but the only one I expect to draw is deer - GMU 67, 4th season. Looking forward to spending some time over there and getting to know it a bit. At my age, this is a one-and-done hunt.

Unit 40 rifle deer 3rd season (should draw)

201 Muzzleloader elk. Looking for a miracle tag from the hybrid draw

Moose and bear points.

Good luck everybody!

A far reach for 61 elk for myself and deer and elk points for wife, and three sons and deer point for myself.

Unit 201 rifle bull, unit 44 4th season deer, and unit 201 antelope. Won't draw a dam one of them but it sure does feel good applying for them. Will likely draw some second choices.

My usual Deer, Elk, Antelope, Moose, Sheep, Goat, and a bear pp to add to my total!

The usual archery deer (~50% draw odds); points for elk; 3, 301 antelope (should draw); early rifle bear (should draw); 76 bull moose; G5 archery and sheep points because I only have two after my waiting period from killing a ram.

Unit 61 4th season Bull with 9 points. Should draw! Fingers crossed.

Bear tag in my usual spot for September
Also put in for goat in unit 16 and it will be a miracle if I draw with 3 points

Unit 1 archery elk with 14 points, unit 62 archery deer with 2, unit 54 archery bighorn sheep with 14, unit 1/14 Mountain Goat archery with 10, unit 67 moose with 7, and PP for bear and antelope. Should only draw 62 deer. ?‍♂️

Eastern plains muley late rifle
Eastern plains speedgoat muzzy
NW corner elk muzzy

Hope I get 1 tag, 2 would make my year.

I have cousin who wanted out of the points and applied for 3rd season 22... I tried talking him out of it, but he just wanted out of Colorado points.

I was stupid and bought points, maybe someday I will go back to Colorado, but not too excited about it...

Hybrid muzzy 61 elk will not draw
521 archery deer should draw
6 cow moose goin In with one weighted point so who knows
Sheep and goat just points

I pulled out of the sheep and mountain goat points game for myself and my three sons. $100/point for 4 of us was getting too steep for the minimal NR draw odds.

Just deer and elk points for two of my sons that are still in college. (one is at 14 points for both and the other at 9 points for both - can't wait until they are done with college!!)

Other son did point for elk (at 12 points he is still a few years away from unit 76 archery) and applied for 54 3rd season deer with 12 points.

I just did an elk point for myself and applied for 75/751 2nd season deer with 0 points. (just want to guarantee having a tag in my pocket in case the draw gods frown on us for the rest of the states.

I pulled out of the sheep and mountain goat points game for myself and my three sons. $100/point for 4 of us was getting too steep for the minimal NR draw

Couldn't you all apply for a tag and not spend the $100 on points...assuming you all have 3 points already?

Archery elk, 14 points should be just enough to draw.
Points only for deer & pronghorn.
Sheep/Moose/Goat....pipe dream apps.

I am pretty certain it is physically impossible for a NR to draw a hybrid tag. Since NR tags are limited to a %, that percent is consumed in the draw, and thus no room left for the random.
It is 100% impossible w the exception of antelope

Couldn't you all apply for a tag and not spend the $100 on points...assuming you all have 3 points already?
We don't have the 3 minimum points to even get into the draw. I did draw a goat tag back in 2011. Drew it with only one point!!! Very few people were applying for that unit because the herd size was so small so I gambled and jumped into the system and there weren't enough people in the 3+ point pool so I was next in line. Now that unit is just as full of applicants as the others. It pays to look into less desirable tags sometimes!!!

IMG_3863.JPG

anybody with at least 3 points for sheep, goat, or moose, was, IMO, crazy to put in for points only.

The huge swell of new applicants after they took away full tag fee payment to apply have only 2 points this year. Next year bad odds will become horrendous when those many thousands of fair weather applicants put in with 3 points.

Thoughts on that?

I am in for my 4th archery moose tag in Colo, SE plains archery deer, desert sheep since I killd a rocky last year, Mt. Goat G10, Elk points with plan to hunt a reissue tag, same for pronghorn.

Drawing 4 desert sheep tags in 4 states is gonna be a lot of pressure for me this year.

61 First Rifle Bull - 12 Points
101 Whitetail Only E/S- 0 Points
PP For Pronghorn
S65 Sheep- 3reg 9 weighted
G16 2nd -3reg 4 weighted
PP For Bear
06 Cow Moose - 3reg 3 weighted (did not buy another point)

Hey, I see a couple of you mentioned that applications are up (I think someone said 20%!) this year. Is there a link to that somewhere? Thanks.

Last edited:
Thx tx. I saw the post with the raw application numbers that show roughly 10% increase (which still surprises me!). Do they break it down further, like how many of those are pp's? I'm not a facebook guy so don't know if there is somewhere I click to chase it further.

I applied for 6 species but the only one I expect to draw is deer - GMU 67, 4th season. Looking forward to spending some time over there and getting to know it a bit. At my age, this is a one-and-done hunt.
I applied for the same tag. Definitely gonna be a 1 and done for me as well because I'm not going to accumulate that many points again.

Looking for my 3rd RM Goat tag, and I'd rather draw a bull moose than a Desert Ram, both long odds. I will have two deer and this is the year to kill bears, I'm going full in on them.

Fully intended on burning CO points this year, until I found out I have twins on the way coming in October.. Kinda changed my plans for this year.

Looking forward to next year and hopefully a couple bucks make it through this year and hoping for a mild winter next year ?

Just plains deer in the SE corner. I don't even remember the area. But I might draw. I'm back to only 1 point, so not counting on much.

Should draw Unit 3 antelope with 10 points/time to cash in; Points on deer/Elk. If anyone else draws 3 for lopes, would love to touch base.

Deer-65 early with 13. 12 points was 40% successful last year so I think I'm short one.
Elk-Unit 3, 1st rifle. I have 6 points but my partner, who I want to see kill his first bull, only has one. And they changed this hunt to ES so 1 may not be enough.

It looks to me like 65 Early Rifle was 50% with 10 points last year. You should have a really good chance.

54 2nd. 2pts .chance?

Resident or non-resident? Last year, it took 3 points for non-residents to have a chance. There are more tags allocated this year, so there's a chance it might go down. But, I suspect more people than average will be wanting to hunt this year while the getting is good...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom