NR 7 points deer

BigMass

I have narrowed it down to 55 3rd season, 66 2nd season, or 67 3rd season. They all have good to excellent access and seem to be improving each year. I have 7 NR points and should be able to draw any one of the three. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

OK, I was looking at odds from a different source and it looked like I could draw them for sure and now that I look at the odds listed here it looks pretty iffy.

Odds are iffy and so is the info that they "seem to be improving each year".

I haven't hunted any of them but have talked to some who have as well as some residents of the Gunnison area and most will tell you numbers are down and although not dropping are not climbing fast either.

Just some thoughts, not trying to discourage you as I would LOVE to have one or two of the tags mentioned.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

I think after looking at odds of drawing in several places, I will most likely go with 52 4th season. The way things look I should be able to pull that tag and the dates will hopefully catch the rut. If drawn I will go back a week before the season starts and do all the scouting I can before it opens.

I'm in about the same boat with number of points. Can't really recommend one area over another, but I dont think you can go wrong with anywhere in the gunnison area. Yes, the numbers are way down, but the genetics are fantastics and there has to be a few big buck around. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom