NR Mule Deer Unit 101

Nodserk

I'm holding on to max points per last year's data. Does anyone have experiences they'd be willing to share about the unit 101? Pics, info, outfitters? I'm open to a DIY or NR guided.

Or are there better units, in your opinion, for a max point holder? I'm doing research from different resources, including my own leg work on the ground.

Ive never hunted it myself but i know people who have. Its a low deer density area and their hard to find but there are big deer in it. A guide might be a good idea unless you have plenty of time

Could be a stressful hunt with the pressure of max points on your shoulders and the deer being hard to find there are definately areas where your going to see more deer

You will see more deer in 128 but will wade through allot to find one worthy of your points and may not find one. again just others experiences not my own

Last edited:
If I had any chance to draw 101 I definitely would do it again. Unit 102 might be an option I would hunt next to the Colorado border (vermillion and powder wash). Colorado units 201 and unit 2 deer move up to Wyoming using these washes. I don’t know how much movement will there be with Colorado changing the rifles season.

Bobo18, have you been in 101 lately? I've heard the Colo side has had a few drought years followed by some winterkill and things are somewhat down?

No I haven’t been through there since 2010 but I am just giving info and ideas I am not saying it’s gospel.

I had an archery deer tag in Unit 2 in 2018 and hunted for 17 days. If you want to know how bad it is down there shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

had the tag 2019. low deer numbers and lots of elk. Hunted with Red Desert outfitters and they were great. Shot a cactus buck that was interesting but not a trophy.

I’ve havent hunted 101 yet but I’ve done some looking around , there’s still some real good bucks there. Lots and lots of looking , and yes there are plenty of elk in there too.

I’ve havent hunted 101 yet but I’ve done some looking around , there’s still some real good bucks there. Lots and lots of looking , and yes there are plenty of elk in there too.
Hey stillwater.. give me a call if you can I'd love to talk about 101 with you.
Casey Nick 805-674-1010

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom