NR solution

Seamaster

I keep reading the seemingly endless conflict between the evil NR hunters and the residents who believe that all licenses should be theirs. If guys want to hunt Wyoming badly enough they might simply buy property and claim residency. It is difficult to track the number of days that someone actually lives in any location. That is the way it is done with New York City people who claim residency in Florida.

Maybe if enough formerly NR hunters did this life would change for the current residents when their votes are diluted, property taxes rise, and more fellows are sharing those resident tags.

Please do not take this post seriously.

This would be cost prohibitive for me but if 10,000 guys went in on a small lot in Jackson it would be doable. Then you could fly in, see the ol homestead and go hunt or scout G.
The organize could receive payment in cash or locations of big bucks.

Then we just change the rules for what is considered a resident... Which would likely be supported by most ranchers, the WYGOA and resident hunters. It might be the one thing that everyone in WY could agree on...

This would be cost prohibitive for me but if 10,000 guys went in on a small lot in Jackson it would be doable. Then you could fly in, see the ol homestead and go hunt or scout G.
The organize could receive payment in cash or locations of big bucks.
When you get caught, you're going to really pay a price of not being able to hunt, in what is it now, 48-49 states?

Under current regulations you have to reside in Wyoming a majority of the year, and for one full year prior to obtaining Resident licenses.

Good luck with your "doable" situation.

It’s really not that hard to do once retired if you apply in other states. Hunt another state as you wait out the resident period.

It’s really not that hard to do once retired if you apply in other states. Hunt another state as you wait out the resident period.
Thats what I am going to do. I have enough points 13 for Antelope currently and 3 for Elk before I pick up another this year. Moving to Pinedale next summer so I will draw as a non res while I am waiting out my year. Thanks to Covid I will finally be allowed to work remote selling guns from home!

Hahahahaha, I've never heard anyone from Wyoming say anything about evil non residents taking all their tags. Just saying it should be the same as every other state around them. Kinda hard to come from a state that gives out 10% at best per unit to NR and then ***** about how good it's always been in Wyoming though :)

Cheers, Pete

If you had the choice between retiring and moving to Star Valley, Lander, or Sheridan where would you live? Questions similar to this seem to be popping up on a weekly basis on the web!

I am a nonres that constantly gets hammered by Wyo res on this website. I actually grew up in Wyo and there is always the chance I may return and retire there. Even if I return to Wyo I would still stick up for nonres.

I respect how nonres support wildlife management and small town economies in Colo and the same thing is true in Wyo! It is ridiculous how Wyo res treat nonres on this website like trash!

I’m proud to say that it’s great that the CPW in Colo offers 20 to 30% of limited deer, antelope, and elk tags plus unlimited otc elk tags to nonres! I hope that never changes!

If you come here and live here work here pay taxes here then get a resident tag. Congrats. You earned it

I keep reading the seemingly endless conflict between the evil NR hunters and the residents who believe that all licenses should be theirs. If guys want to hunt Wyoming badly enough they might simply buy property and claim residency. It is difficult to track the number of days that someone actually lives in any location. That is the way it is done with New York City people who claim residency in Florida.

Maybe if enough formerly NR hunters did this life would change for the current residents when their votes are diluted, property taxes rise, and more fellows are sharing those resident tags.

Please do not take this post seriously.
We aren’t asking for all the licenses just 90% of the premium tags. Almost all Western states are now merely offering the same. Do you think it’s unfair to be on par with almost every surrounding state?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom