NR to R points

Sierra

Very Active Member
Does Nevada allow you to keep and use your points if your status changes from a non-resident to a resident?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Alwayshunting! While I likely won't make the move for several years, one can always dream. Looking to eventually retire in a state with zero state income taxes, good hunting opportunities for residents, and fewer Antis.

I am in the same boat....move to Nevada when I retire so I can get better odds. My thought was for another desert tag....but I took that off the table last year....so fingers crossed for a California tag.

I am in the same boat....move to Nevada when I retire so I can get better odds. My thought was for another desert tag....but I took that off the table last year....so fingers crossed for a California tag.
Congratulations on your sheep tag last year and good luck on your California tag. What unit you applying for in California for sheep. I was able to hunt unit ten this year.

Any unit they will give me.....I like 051, great genetics. But any sheep tag even a average unit you can kill a stud ram if you put in the time-effort.

I just want the chance to put my hands on another ram.

Any unit they will give me.....I like 051, great genetics. But any sheep tag even a average unit you can kill a stud ram if you put in the time-effort.

I just want the chance to put my hands on another ram.
I was talking about California, what tag you apply for ? I hunted unit 10 in California this year, I wasn’t the tag holder but I was able to help during the hunt. As far as 051 that’s the unit I apply for in Nevada but I will take any sheep tag that I can get my hands on.

When I return to the Nevada residency back in 2014 I called them to ask about changing my points over and if I remember correctly they said that deer and elk would automatically switch but the other species needed to be done differently. I only had deer points so I don’t know what the other procedure is but I would definitely call to be sure.

Doesn't
Why do you call? Wouldn’t the application from non res to res make the changes for you?
Work that way. Trust me I lost points in my last move. You've got to call and request the switch. There's a lady that pretty much does that for her job. I'd pass her number on but lost it years ago...

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom