NR Youth ?

buckspotter7

A NR youth antelope license costs $110. That is a great deal and I would love to take advantage of that and bring my son antelope hunting with us next year. My question is, can he apply as a member of our party at that price if we are going in the special draw? I am thinking that price only works in the regular draw. Does anyone know how this works?

No he can't, as you're correct in what you stated. The youth price is only good in the regular draw and he has to pay the adult price if he goes in the special whether it's as an individual or in a party.

>No he can't, as you're correct
>in what you stated.
>The youth price is only
>good in the regular draw
>and he has to pay
>the adult price if he
>goes in the special whether
>it's as an individual or
>in a party.

That stinks, I think that puts youth at a disadvantage.

Thanks for the confirmation, Topgun. You're right jm77, that makes it a really expensive youth tag. There are very few cases where we would be able to get the youth license unless he builds some points. By then he won't be a youth anymore.

Go to a place that takes less points. I promise you will have a better time shooting 12 inch bucks with your son then 16 inch bucks with your buddies. My older boys hunted Antelope in Wy when they were young. Also they fished Alaska at 10 years old. Take him you will never regret it. Or pony up the Special price and take him along. Football always got in the way when my boys got older so every chance I could they went.

2 cents, DZ

Points well taken! He will be 12 next year, so it might be his first big game hunt. Reduced price or not, it will be awesome for both of us.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom