NRA helped us on mag ban.

RELH

Long Time Member
Second Amendment
Published 16 mins ago
Federal appeals court strikes down California's ban on high-capacity magazines, says restrictions violate 2nd Amendment
'It criminalizes the possession of half of all magazines in America today,' court majority says in ruling

Second Amendment takes center stage in 2020 fight

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday struck down California’s ban on high-capacity magazines on the basis that its restrictions violate the Second Amendment -- noting that it would criminalize half the magazines in the U.S.

The state’s law bans possession of large-capacity magazines (LCMs) that hold more than 10 rounds. The court’s three-judge panel said that while the law has a “laudable goal of reducing gun violence,” it must also comply with the Constitution.
IN 'DEFUND POLICE' CITIES WITH RISING CRIME, GETTING A GUN NO EASY TASK: 'NEAR-IMPOSSIBLE TO GET A PERMIT'
“California’s near-categorical ban of LCMs infringes on the fundamental right to self-defense. It criminalizes the possession of half of all magazines in America today,” the majority in the 2-1 ruling stated.
“It makes unlawful magazines that are commonly used in handguns by law abiding citizens for self-defense. And it substantially burdens the core right of self-defense guaranteed to the people under the Second Amendment,” Judge Kenneth Lee wrote in the majority opinion. “It cannot stand.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

This lawsuit was brought forward by the NRA and CA. Rifle & Pistol Assc. We have members here that hate the NRA, but without their help, money and attorneys, we would be stuck with another anti gun law. I doubt the CA. Attorney General will request it be forwarded to the Supreme Court due to their political makeup and if the Supreme Court upholds the decision, then it becomes law in all states.
Judge Kenneth Lee, mentioned above in this decision, was appointed by President Donald Trump.
RELH

What us Northern CA. guys are sending Nemont is our over taxed retired voters for him to rub elbows with. The more we send him, the less we have here to contend with.
RELH

I do not think CA. attorney general Becera will jump that fast into appealing to the Supreme Court. The Dems know that court is majority conservative and a good chance of upholding the lower court decision that is normally more liberal.
High ranking Dems in other states will put pressure on CA. Dems not to bring it to the Supreme Court and it becomes law in other states that have the same 10 round mag ban. States like New York and New Jersey. Right now it only applies to Western states that are under the 9 th. Appellant court.
RELH

They will if enough other liberal Democrats push them to back off. They backed off on the original assault weapon ban by leaving out the Ruger Mini-14 and Springfield M-14A1 because some Democrats felt if they were included the bill would not get passed due to opposition from law enforcement agencies that were equipted with the Mini-14 and Target shooters that used the M-14 in high power matches.
They also backed off when they passed a bill with a sneaky description that banned semi auto hunting rifles and Gov. Gray Davis kept his word and changed it after he had signed the bill and the NRA brought it to his attention that the description would include semi auto hunting rifles. Davis had campaigned that he would never sign any bill that would restrict hunting rifles.
Democrats have not pushed some anti gun decisions to the supreme court for fear the court would let the lower court ruling stand as law and the law effects the entire nation and all states.
RELH

ooookayyyyy....hi cap mags are the holy grail....and Becera doesn't give a **** about other states.....

What us Northern CA. guys are sending Nemont is our over taxed retired voters for him to rub elbows with. The more we send him, the less we have here to contend with.
RELH
They will be returning after even a normal winter in Glasgow. Nothing to stop the wind coming down from the North Pole but a couple of barbwire fences.

RELH, he has already put a stay on this ruling, because he didn’t feel there was enough justices to vote? I guess 4-0 is to one sided? He won’t stop for anything besides no guns!! He has said this more than once!

We will just have to wait and see what happens. I hope it does get kicked up to the Supreme Court for a ruling. They will either decide to not review it and allow the lower court ruling stand or they will accept it for review and I think their ruling will be in line with the lower court. You have to remember that this decision came out of the 9th. Appellant court that is considered the most liberal of all the Appellant courts. Good thing that Trump put a few conservative judges on this court recently. In fact when he did. Pelosi and Kamala Harris screamed to high heaven about him doing so.
RELH

Homer, the stay is the part where Becera appealed the ruling stating that they only had 4 justices to vote on it, he claims they should all be in attendance to be fair? It’s far from over!

The 9th circuit court of appeals is the largest of the appellant courts. It has a total of 48 judges. 24 appointed by Raegan, Bush, and Trump. 24 appointed by Carter, Clinton, and Obama. lets hope the Carter appointed are not anti gun.
RELH
I still hope this gets kicked up stairs to the Supreme court. If the 9th. whole court reverses the decision, the Supreme court just may take it on as they did in several past cases where you had divided lower courts.

The last 9 appointees to the court was by Trump. No wonder Pelosi and Harris were squealing like stuck pigs about Trump doing a makeover on that court.
RELH

Homer, the stay is the part where Becera appealed the ruling stating that they only had 4 justices to vote on it, he claims they should all be in attendance to be fair? It’s far from over!
Becera can and did ask for a stay....but a judge has to grant it.

Becera can and did ask for a stay....but a judge has to grant it.

The talking heads on the radio yesterday said the he had asked and it was granted to him, I haven’t been able to find anything to prove this, just what some radio guys were saying? They could be dead wrong if so I am dead wrong and sorry for any misinformation.

When the original 10 round limit mag law was over turned by that Hispanic judge, there was a window of about one week where firearm part distributors did sell mags of over 10 rounds to CA. buyers. I got two 17 round 9mm mags from Midway for my Ruger PC9 carbine.
Tried to get 20 rounders for my Mini-30 but everyone was sold out on those mags. That short window may appear again due to this ruling.
RELH

CA. is famous for our so called law makers enacting laws that are shown to be illegal later in the courts. Gun laws are number one and laws that enrich the general fund by illegal taxation is another one that was enacted under it being a fee that only requires a simple majority of the state senate to pass.

RELH

Back to the original post.....YES....the NRA was very instrumental in this happening....

Some levity.....

118064958_10218170187345725_2639848879249803520_o.jpg

Do you mean the guy that rants and rave about the NRA CEO blowing the money and his pet project had several persons resign over personal spending of donation money that should have gone to vets. Never did hear him rant and rave about his favorite charity, only the NRA.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom