Nunavik Muskox Hunt

Buzzy

I got really lucky and drew the winter tag for Muskox with a buddy. Any info on transporters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I got really lucky and drew the winter tag for Muskox with a buddy. Any info on transporters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Here you go:

0EC1E5BC-3373-4877-8303-D07CC2AD4D1C.png

Congrats on the tag! Are you a resident? Or non resident?

There’s cheaper ways of doing it without using a transporter but it honestly depends on whether you’re local or not and familiar with snowmachines etc..

Thanks. We are non residents and are preferably wanting to go with a transporter as we don’t want to deal with breakdowns of snow machines, erc. We are looking at these 4 transporters and seeing who may be the best or if we should maybe stay away from someone. Appreciate any input.

Thanks. We are non residents and are preferably wanting to go with a transporter as we don’t want to deal with breakdowns of snow machines, erc. We are looking at these 4 transporters and seeing who may be the best or if we should maybe stay away from someone. Appreciate any input.
Abe or James would be my pick. As a resident I haven’t used them but I know people that have. A couple forum members have used them. I don’t know who Ishmael is.

My friend has the same tag as you so we may see you out there. We are not using a transporter.

Congrats on the tag!

Thanks SS. So you guys are renting a snow machine and then camping out in the ice? My buddy was talking about that but I wasn’t so sure I wanted to go that route. And what part is the season are you going. We were thinking of going in early Feb.

Thanks SS. So you guys are renting a snow machine and then camping out in the ice? My buddy was talking about that but I wasn’t so sure I wanted to go that route. And what part is the season are you going. We were thinking of going in early Feb.
We will play the weather and go when it looks nice since we have flexible schedules. Yeah we are borrowing some snowmachines from locals.

Enjoy your trip, it’s not much of a hunt but is an experience never the less. Bring some cash as the locals will have stuff to sell you. The native culture is probably the highlight of the trip. While in Bethel use a lot of hand sanitizer.

I remember the first time I saw a musk ox, it was blowing crazy hard and looking through the binoculars at it felt like looking back at a time. They are a very cool animal!

Did this hunt with a buddy January of 2021. We used James Whitman and it was great. We had to deal with covid issues within the village and a long whether delay to get out to the field, but other than that the hunt was fabulous and I couldn’t recommend James more.

Ben

We will play the weather and go when it looks nice since we have flexible schedules. Yeah we are borrowing some snowmachines from locals.

Enjoy your trip, it’s not much of a hunt but is an experience never the less. Bring some cash as the locals will have stuff to sell you. The native culture is probably the highlight of the trip. While in Bethel use a lot of hand sanitizer.

I remember the first time I saw a musk ox, it was blowing crazy hard and looking through the binoculars at it felt like looking back at a time. They are a very cool animal!
Hey SS, how did your Muskox hunt go? We had a great time and killed 2 great bulls. Here is a pic of mine. We also got 7 fox between the 2 of us.
3363B3D8-7B9F-4A77-8056-268E10237B0C.jpeg

Hey SS, how did your Muskox hunt go? We had a great time and killed 2 great bulls. Here is a pic of mine. We also got 7 fox between the 2 of us. View attachment 104533
Way cool Buzzy! Our hunt got pushed to next year. My buddy did go over and shot a nice bull with another guy that had a tag. Kinda bummed so am going to go hunt mountain goats in a few weeks.

If you’re in anchorage hit me up, I’ll buy you a beer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom