NV 171-173

I went with one of my firends into Arc Dome Wilderness (173). He shot a forky on the last day. The few deer we did see were way up high near the top of Arc Dome. There was another camp by us that I believe hunted the whole season and got one 4x4 and 3 unfilled tags. Personally I was suprised with the lack of deer up there. Hopefully there is some weather to push the deer down for the late season.

Jacob Menath
Menath Outdoor Insurance
www.Outdoor-Insurance.com

I hunted on the archery tag up there are really had a hard time finding decent bucks as well. I did see 23 does in one weekend but that's obviously not what I was after. I doubt that I will have area 17 in my top 3 choices again. I know it produces some nice deer, but I saw what I needed to.

Raghorn Hunting Services
www.raghornhuntingservices.com
[email protected]

I hunter the archery season in this unit 3 years ago. I also hunted the beginning of the season in Arc Dome and noticed the same thing as far as low deer numbers. The majority of bucks we did see in that area were actually down low near Columbine campground. We actually put a stalk on 2 good 160+ deer in the middle of kingston canyon with people all over. they were at the highest point in that canyon around 10,000ft. we did see a lot of smaller bucks lower in that region and nothing in the Shoshones.

I went with my cousin for the last weekend of the muzzleloader season. We packed a little ways into the wlderness area to a spot I had hunted a few years ago. It was a little tougher than I thought it would be, in a day in a half we saw 12 bucks with 3 of them being decent mature deer. we tried a couple stalks but couldn't make it happen. That mountain range seems to hold a consistent amount of bucks from top to bottom, you just gotta get of the roads to find better bucks.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom