Nx8 Nightforce 2.5-20x50 opinion?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Need some advise on this scope. Never owned a Nightforce product but this one interests me. I have Vortex and Leopolds now.

I have the 4-32 and I love it. Although expensive I feel like it’s worth the money. I put it on a savage (yes, a savage...) 110 ultralite and have shot out to 1,000 no problem, but I’ve only killed 2 bears with the setup, with the furthest shot being 236 yards.

I have two nx8 scopes (2.5-20 and 4-32) and overall I like them. Optically speaking they're not a perfect scope, you'll probably find some of those draw backs if you search the net. The optics are still good, just may not beat out others at the price point. I had pre-ordered mine and did send the 2.5-20 back due to optics (outer ring), it came back a lot better. I really like the small footprint of the nx8 scopes and therefore I use them.

I still remember shooting at the range with my first nightforce scope and being amazed upon adjusting the turrets that the bullet impact changed exactly what I adjusted. I've been a believer since. Mine are FFP, and so far have harvested a number of animals using the nx8.

I had a Leupold that was sent back twice then sold. When we started making parts for nightforce I bought one of theirs and it has been flawless for years. Clicks move the poi like they should and the poi hasn't suddenly jumped 2 feet when on a hunt 1,000 miles from home.

I have 3 NX8s, absolutely love them. Best scope for long range hunting at that price point. Only one of several scopes to pass the jig test.

I have an NX8 and I can tell you the resolution and brightness was a bit of a dissapointment. I also have an issue with paralax however Nightforce told me they can walk me through that over the phone without having to send it in. Tracking is excellent.

Just took a 7ft 443lb summer bear with my nx8 at 737 yards. One shot...and my daughter took a 6.5 bear at 275 yards...worked great for the trip...took lots of abuse.

Received my nightforce scope and mounted it. Haven't taken it to the range yet. Just looking through it seems to be ok. But my Vortex gen II seems better. We will see.

The main thing for me is a scope has to keep zero, have good glass and reliable turrets. Ryan Pierce of Piercision has conducted numerous tests of scopes with a custom jig that measures how much a scope moves zero after several shots. Very few scopes...you can count on one hand...pass this test. He recommends and sells the nx8s...all I need to hear. I wish more people did these tests. Oh and he builds incredibly accurate hunting rifles to boot too.

I have a NX8 but only bought it recently so I haven't extensively field tested it. I have a couple NRX and a SHV that I have field tested and I'm very happy with how they have performed. I have had zero issues with them. Yes, the Nightforce glass doesn't have the same clarity that my Swarovski binoculars do but the durability of Nightforce is more important to me.
The NX8 is a tough scope to beat for most hunters. The zoom range, durability and size provide a good balance.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom