Obama bows to Saudi king

S

shpsgr

President Obama greeted the king of Saudi Arabia with a full bow from the waist yesterday, a move one commentator described as a violation of protocol and not worthy of the office he holds.

The situation developed as leaders of the world attending the G20 summit in London assembled for a photograph to mark the event.

In this first image, after the king extended his hand while Obama approached, Obama bends from the waist until his head is nearly at the monarch's waist:

49d6a3024e1710b7.jpg

In a second image, Obama has straightened up and is exchanging remarks with the Saudi leader:

49d6a36b50f7bb45.jpg

I can only imagine if this had been GWB and all the front page news these pictures would be plastered on. What do you think of your president bowing down?

The symbolism of submission will not be lost on the Islamic world which respects strength, not weakness.

Disgusting! A handshake between two heads of state is all that is necessary and all the King expected.

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

I dont know if it was stupid on his behalf since he knows nothing about the office or what.
As the President he represents "the people." It may have been a good gesture on his behalf, ignorance or on purpose. who knows.
But we as a collective people being born out of revolution against a King and being founded as a free people do not bow to kingship, monarchies royalty etc. It is their custom I know as is the asian custom It just makes it worse i think becuase of who he bowed to. The king did not bow back so so I assume it places him above those who bow to him. That is a mistake, or it was done on purpose. We should not show or be represented as subserviant to any nation we have paid for that right. Anyone else wanna stab at this I would like to read more posts on it.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-09 AT 07:28PM (MST)[p]This is from a travel etiquette site on Saudi Arabia:

Meeting and Greeting

When meeting and greeting in Saudi Arabia, it is usual for close male counterparts to shake hands and kiss on each cheek. However, if meeting under more formal circumstances, a handshake between members of the same sex is fine. Always use your right hand when engaging in a handshake, as the left hand is considered unclean

49d6b57b36134d43.jpg

What Obama did was a sub-servient gesture, showing that he recognized the king's power over him. If this meeting was in Saudi you could say "when in Rome", but this was in the UK with all the heads of states. How many other heads of states gave a bow to the Saudi king? None!

The US media made a big deal out of when he broke protocal when Obama met the Queen and gave her a handshake before that great i-pod gift. The website for the British queen advises men who are from the United Kingdom to provide a neck bow (from the head only) "whilst women do a small curtsy. Other people prefer simply to shake hands in the usual way."

Although this will go un-noticed in the USA media, I am sure the muslim world is taking note of this. Body language says a lot and this wasn't good for the USA.

Wasn't one of the Liberals arguments about Bush was his ties to the Saudi Family...Another Double Standard.

Any man who bows before another man is no man at all.

This is what a subservient Muslim would do in the presence of the king...hint!

he truely is a muslim at heart !

>WHO GIVES A $HIT????

back in your room zigger....and STFU

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Obviously Zigger you been smokin grass again. You telling me you do not care if the leader of this nation bows before a king? Put it this way would you bow to him?
Oh the apathy.
Hey here is a question, who is the guy in the middle of the pic behind the bed spread heads? looks like george soros????

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-09 AT 11:58PM (MST)[p]That's the French PM behind, Soros is above pulling the puppets strings.

49d6f5c311dcb7c7.jpg

This is what they are all thinking in that picture:

Japanese PM: What a complete idiot. Poor, poor Americans.
French PM: I am so going to so own this guy at this summit.
Saudi guy on Left: Wow! His ears ARE huge!!!
Saudi king: What the hell is he doing with his fingers?
Dude on one leg: Holy crap! Did Obama just give the King a jive handshake?
Guys in the background: Shssh, shssh, here he comes. Here he comes. Stop laughing! Stop laughing!

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-09
>AT 11:58?PM (MST)

>
>That's the French PM behind, Soros
>is above pulling the puppets
>strings.
>
>
49d6f5c311dcb7c7.jpg

>
>
>This is what they are all
>thinking in that picture:
>
>Japanese PM: What a complete idiot.
>Poor, poor Americans.
>French PM: I am so going
>to so own this guy
>at this summit.
>Saudi guy on Left: Wow! His
>ears ARE huge!!!
>Saudi king: What the hell is
>he doing with his fingers?
>
>Dude on one leg: Holy crap!
>Did Obama just give the
>King a jive handshake?
>Guys in the background: Shssh, shssh,
>here he comes. Here he
>comes. Stop laughing! Stop laughing!
>
....and all of them are thinking...."and I thought the people in my country were stupid"

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

WHO GIVES A $HIT????

Great question Zigga!!!! All Americans should give a $hit.

Obama bows to the Saudi King, who 15 of the 19 September 11 hijackers were subjects of.

This "president" is a fool. The President of the United States bows before no one but the American people.

American men do not bow before royalty. American women do not curtsy before royalty. We are not their subjects.

No president has ever bowed before royalty.

That's why the Declaration of Independence was signed and our constitution was wrote. NO AMERICAN WILL EVER BOW TO A ANOTHER KING AGAIN. IMO that sorry SOB just showed the world that we're not worthy.

Just another example that this clown has no sense of protocol. Worse than that, his handlers should have briefed him before hand on the proper etiquitte.

Just like giving the unusable CD's to Brown. The gift itself was cheesy enough, but they weren't even in the correct format.

The entire administration is a world joke.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-09 AT 08:32AM (MST)[p]>WHO GIVES A $HIT?????

Anyone who truly loves this nation does. Thanks for your response to clear up any confusion on whether or not you love our nation.

Would Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln or Reagan have bowed to a slave keeping Arab King? Or any king? This guy is a pathetic joke.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-09 AT 09:52AM (MST)[p]We should have at least elected an American. GOOD LORD!

Zigga, do you think Obama will apologize to the American people?

The pathetic joke here is Zigga along with his brother and fellow jive turkey, king bowing buddy.
Zig zaggy you disgust me as well. Your apathy is as strong as your thirst for living somewhere other than in this country. Hey heres an idea why dont you move over to france with the rest of the white flag waving idiots.

I guess he was right, America is changing.

on your knees MY ZIGGA!

---------------------------------------
Mike Sucks.

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

I watched youtube videos of w and the king. w was so busy asking for more oil, holding hands and kissing they ran out of film. You guys are the only reason I visit this thread. Great material here. If only we could get a sitcom started.

So why exactly didn't w take out this ruthless dictator as well???

ROTFLMMFAO!!!

Zigga you libs just can't come up with anything without pulling Bush out of the hat.

George W. Bush did hold the Saudi king's hand and kissed his cheek. But hand holding by men is a common gesture of friendship, not subservience, in Arab culture, as is kissing of the cheek.

Why don't you look at the U-tube video of this kowtowing by your hero. Watch when Obama is approaching the king, the king's hand is held out in a hi position, his palm is tilted slightly down, his head is up making eye contact. This position is indicating that he expect to be met as an equal, with tendency to try and seek slight dominance.

As Obama approaches, he begins to bow, his hand is low and palm up, his head goes down, eyes averted, the king then drops his hand to the top of Obamas offered hand, Obama accepts with palm up, knee bent, eyes to hand. To bad the hand can not be seen in the video, as Obama probably kissed the king's ring.

The King is smiling, knowing that his dominance has been eagerly accepted.

You can say all the bs you want about this and the US media is going to take no notice of it, but rest assured the muslim world see this for the gesture of subordination it is. If it was not a gesture of subordination, why did the Saudi King fail to respond with a similar bow?

Now Zigga, you can go do some kowtowing of your own to Obama and pull some more Bushies out of your hat and say who gives a &hit, but this bowing by Obama was a slap in the face to the thousands of Americans laying in Arlington who bowed to no one and an insult to our forefathers who fought a revolution so Americans would not have to bow to a king.

...next he'll be laying on his back tinkling for the chinese...what a weak dork...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Bow to Saudi King bad idea. I resent the President of the United States doing that but lets look at some perspective here.

GWB close financial dealings with Muhammad and Salem father and brother of Osama worse yet. Allow a Saudi jet to be the only non U.S. military aircraft in the air following 9/11 to take away 24 material witnesses from the bin Laden family out of the U.S. maybe as bad as the bow. Prince Bandar taking GWB on a driven pheasant hunt in England while the nasty chad cotoversy was being settled bylawyer Baker small problem. The same James Baker and firm who represented the house of Saud when victims of 9/11 family filed suit against them. The Bush's have been tied to Saudi Arabia since Arbusto in 1977. Looks to me like Obama is just following the course already set.

Possibly Obama is just trying to get his million from the Saudi king like Bush did for his memorial library. I'm not sure either Obama or Bush is strictly for the good old USA but don't try to convince me that it is only Obama that has bowed to the Saudi King.

Spin it anyway you want but the fact remains that obama is the only US President to bow to a king. How disgusting.

Ransom

>Spin it anyway you want but
>the fact remains that obama
>is the only US President
>to bow to a king.
>How disgusting.
>
>
>Ransom

I hate to beat a dead horse here but how is bowing to the raghead king worse than buying oil (with our money), holding hands and kissing him. Am I missing something? w sent our boys to die on raghead soil but Obama is the bad guy. WOW!!! And you call me un American. I'm gonna have to see this raghead bowing video because it must be raunchy.

...yes you are missing something zigger, the capacity to understand customs and body language that are very important to most of the world....I've tried holding it back but you are a frigging Idiot with no depth of understanding..

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That's not totally true D13er. Zigga understands that achievers must be penalized for their success through a higher tax rate.

>...yes you are missing something zigger,
>the capacity to understand customs
>and body language that are
>very important to most of
>the world....I've tried holding it
>back but you are a
>frigging Idiot with no depth
>of understanding..
>
>
>great post/pic, thanks for sharing
>
>JB

I have a hard time understanding that a bow is more important than 4,000 dead soldiers.

Overturn,

What are you talking about???

zigga, did you ever see the video of the two arabs and Bill Clinton all heading towards a door? the arabs are trying to shove one another thru the door first, these were kings, pushing each other because the first (or last, i dont remeber) one thru the door is a sighn of weakness to them.this kind of thing is a big deal to them. kinda like them throwing the shoes at Bush, that is a big deal to arabs, a much bigger deal than throwing a rock even.

Just another F-up in his short but eventful tenure. Why is it that during the campaign all we heard was he would be change, and that he was basically the mesiah, not anything like Bush. Now everytime he screws up, backtracks, flip flops on taxes- all the libs on this site ( ZIG,HD,FTW,etc) just give an example of a W miscue. Hell, according to the media and libbies B.O. could do no wrong and he was the "Anti GWB", so why keep comparing the 2.

T264

T264

That is a very good question. I would think that they are still blinded by the hate for GWB is the reason.

Ransom

Bowing to the Saudi King only and not to any of the other royals gives me pause. In other words why did the jackass only bow to the muslim?

Ransom

You freak out because Obama bows to a king? this is a culture where if they see the sole of your shoe that's like giving them the finger but you pass out over a bow? who knows what you're supposed to do with every king you meet, what a bunch of drama queens you crack me up.

Maybe he should have given him the Bush sr greeting and puke on him.

> You freak out because Obama
>bows to a king? this
>is a culture where if
>they see the sole of
>your shoe that's like giving
>them the finger but you
>pass out over a bow?
>who knows what you're supposed
>to do with every king
>you meet, what a bunch
>of drama queens you crack
>me up.
>
> Maybe he should have given
>him the Bush sr greeting
>and puke on him.
>

Gawd I love being right.

Bush puked on a jap....and it was at dinner...not in meeting...you blanket a....nevermind...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Now his aids are claiming he didn't bow at all. He was simply bending down to look him in the eye as he shook his hand. What a joke!

It's like a bunch of grade school kids around here. you guys keep it real, it makes trying to figure out why the world is so screwed up easy.

So does that mean the Queen is real tall? I still don't get it. He bowed to show respect and now he didn't bow. Now he stooped to lower himself, LOL, to the Slave Kings level. That queen must be a real giant.

...didn't realize muslims knew how to genuflect....guess they do....hmmmmm?

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I heard that Barry's teleprompter had slid down and he was trying to bend down and get a view of it between the kings legs.

This wasn't a slip up, it was a calculated move as all of Obowma's are. This king is the guard of two of the holiest muslim sites.

The US news as a few on here are just ignoring or saying it was nothing. The symbolism of the free world leader bowing to the Saudi king is seen by the muslim world for what it is, prostration before islam, assurance that America poses no threat.

If you have any doubts, visit a few muslim web sites to see what they make of this.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom