Obama wont visit wounded troops

He is a friggin scum bag. However his base hates the troops so it will mean nothing. Sad is'nt it.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-08 AT 04:32PM (MST)[p]The pentagon said they would view him stopping there as a campaign event since his trip was funded with campaign funds. so if he had gone you would have said he exploited the situation for a photo op. sometimes you can't win.

He is a US senator dude....your excuse is BS.....he could have visited soldiers in that capacity.

JB

The pentagon said it would be viewed as a campaign stop, the fact he wasn't there on the public dime but as a presidential candidate makes it a different ball game and the military said so. Obama might be a lot of things but he's not stupid, no politian would just blow off a scheduled stop to see wounded soldiers without a reason. it's baby kissing time, no politian wants this kind of press and if Obama wasn't a good politian he wouldn't have made it this far.

If he had stopped and had a media frenzy against the wishes of the pentagon you'd have had a bigger fit so just admit it.

Did any of you noticed that while Obama was visiting Iraq, that while seeing some troops, the media was not allowed or had tight control over being with him. Makes me wonder if his script writers was worried about what the media would see concerning the actions or statements from those troops.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-08 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]Our dime paid for the portion of the trip to Iraq and afganistan.You and he are full of BS. He could have taken a side trip to see the soldiers and left the media behind....he's a US senator...with that comes a little clout.

JB

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just
wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for
about an hour on his visit to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you
what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof
vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is
the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew
them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to
meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell
(pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball
or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures
playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers
to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the
American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think
that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here
you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are
providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball
Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheer leaders than from one of the
Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just
don't understand how anyone would want him to be our
Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those
that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know
what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,
Capt. Jeffrey S. Porter
Battle Captain
TF Wasatch
American Soldier

its to bad that those that dislike Obama have already made up so many stories and there are so many untrue statments being attributed to him that I don't believe any thing I see, The people that put all these things out in cyberspace may be cutting McCains throat without knowing it,

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-08 AT 00:01AM (MST)[p]piper when you talk do people start swattting at buggs?
Every time you post I wanna get a can of Raid out. You have got to be a hairy legged granola bar eating lesbo from SF. You make no sense all. At least I only agree with half of what DUDE has to say on certain issues.

to start, Obama quote, This is the greatest country on earth and I want to change that, thats been on here a couple of times there are many more. do some of you people even try to think, you act like your still in grade school, a bunch of giggling little girls

The reason the press is not allowed to be with Husien Obama when he is with troops is because the troops hate is friggin guts and Husien Obama does not want that seen on the TV.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

Thank you for your service to this country, Capt. Porter!! Come home safe!

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

mesquitehunter-

......when you are talking do people start swatting at bugs?

LMAO- funny ch-t

T264

July 25, 2008
Categories: Obama

DOD spokesman says Obama camp was reminded of political rules

[UPDATED]

Chief Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell confirmed to Politico that Department of Defense officials cautioned Barack Obama's campaign that his planned visit to wounded American troops in Germany could not be political in nature and that he would be barred from bringing along campaign staff and reporters. He also said that Cindy McCain recently requested to visit sailors aboard the U.S.N.S. Comfort and was denied.

"Sen. Obama is welcome to visit Landstuhl or any military hospital in his official capacity as a United States senator," Morrell said in a brief interview. "But there is a DOD policy which governs campaigning and electioneering at military facilities that would have to be respected if he were to visit. That distinction was relayed and made clear to campaign, and they made a decision on their own based on that guidance."

Morrell, in a subsequent interview, added that military officials told Obama he could only visit the military facility with his Secret Service detail and Senate staff.

"We made it clear to him that campaign staff and press would not be permitted to accompany him," Morrell said of Obama. "We relayed those ground rules. They made a choice based upon the information we relayed to them. It was their choice. We had nothing to do with it."

Military personnel at Ramstein Air Force Base, where the senator was to fly into, had already made arrangements to accomodate Obama's traveling press pack and campaign staff while he visited the wounded troops, Morrell said.

Obama's campaign tells a different story.

Obama adviser David Axelrod told the Chicago Sun-Times that the Pentagon "viewed this as a campaign event, and therefore they said he should not come."

In a briefing to Obama's traveling press corps, another adviser stopped short of saying they were told to not come but also suggested that even a visit by Obama alone may have been at issue.

Robert Gibbs said one of Obama's military advisers had been informed by the Pentagon that the visit may be seen as a campaign stop.

"They cited a regulation," Gibbs said of their point of contact, described as legislative affairs in the office of the secretary.

"We believed that based on the information we received that any presence, even his own and only his own, would get into a back and forth on whether his own presence was a campaign event," Gibbs said.

Gibbs also pointed out that that their plane had been cleared to land at Ramstein and the Pentagon subsequently issued the reminder about political activity at military posts.

Obama, who was not traveling with any Senate staffers, decided on the flight Wednesday from Tel Aviv to Berlin not to visit the hospital.

Trying to make clear that this was not an attempt to undercut the Democratic nominee, Morrell also noted that when McCain officials asked the Pentagon for permission to let Cindy McCain visit the massive U.S. hospital ship, the U.S.N.S. Comfort, the request was rejected.

"Had she gone with Sen. McCain, it would have been OK," Morrell said, underlining the delineation between what are official and campaign activities.

What good is a trip without the entire entourage? Now I see why he didn't make the stop. No publicity.

My grandma from Missouri said something funny to me the other day. Now she is a big time democrate and has always been on the political front. She was born during a different time, 1917. Things were different back then. Now, I am not being racist here, this is just what the 91 year old woman said. She said, "I would rather vote for a Republican that vote for a Democratic **gger." Couldn't believe my ears! Well grandma, looks like your voting for McCaine! And so am I. Obama.. geesh. Can't even visit our wounded. Never have I ever hated a canadate worse than Barack Hussien Obama. Color has nothing to do with it. He is just a jerk and has shady contacts!
"I shoot at wolves, I don't dance with them." :)
Stands With A Fist

Jef;
the funny thing about those east coast liberals feelings, is the same with Obama and his wife in reverse about those "honkeys" and "crackers" and none of them will admit it.

RELH

First of all thanks to Kilowatt for his service. Second, I think you libs would have to agree coming straight from the horses mouth (Kilowatt) just exactly how Osama Hussein Obama treats our military men and women. Pretty Shytty of him to snub our troops at Baghram and then to choose a photo op with the french. He could have gone to visit the wounded without his entourage, the Pentagon clearly clarified that and he simply chose not to. I hope with only 3 1/2 months to go that America wakes up and sees the threat that is running for POTUS. If I was a terrorist I probably wouldn't visit the enemy wounded either.
Oh yeah and thirdly, Piper STFU you are the epitome of stupid.

Piper, how's your period?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom