Obama's Speech

Drnaln

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-09 AT 07:47PM (MST)[p]I was watching the president's speech & the 1rst lady better watch out.Looks to me like Nancy Pelosi is in love with the new president.Remember the movie "Play Misty For Me",she has that look!!!!!
David

Well he's about half way through it, he's a good speaker and I like most of what he's saying.

The only problem I have is every president since TR was full of crap, for some reason I don't think that's changed. I hope I'm wrong.

Of corse you like what he is saying, the adress to congress is always what everyone WANTS TO HEAR, but we know by now its 80% BS.

and ya he's somethin reading a telepromter

Dean...son..

He was blowing smoke up our arse.

He was pumping sunshine down to your basement
where your 'puter is.

Don't drink the Koolaid.....

It'll give you a Tummyache...bad..

fyi
lrv

>Well he's about half way through
>it, he's a good speaker
>and I like most of
>what he's saying.
>
> The only problem I have
>is every president since TR
>was full of crap, for
>some reason I don't think
>that's changed. I hope I'm
>wrong.
He's a great speaker but someone,maybe you,should let him know he doesn't have to RUN for president anymore,he IS the president.He NEVER said anything except made a bunch of promises he won't be able to keep!
David
PS Nancy gets ALL wet just listening to him!!!!!!

I'm with Ransom, I' hurled
If he somehow manages to ram down our throats all his programs and liberal wetdreams like congress did with their bacon factory so called "stimulus bill" - I'll quote Capt. "Sully" Sullenberger from US Air Flt. 1549 as he brought down his plane on the Hudson -- "Brace For Impact" This country will grind to a halt.

He does speak well with 2 telepromters in front of him.

I could'nt figure if this was a State of the Union, or if he was still campaining for president.

Seriously,did Pelosi get a boob job??

I was smarter then all of you, as soon as he came on, the wife and I turned the T.V. off before the first lies passed his lips.
I do not think he knows how much he is painting himself into a corner with all of his big promises that will end up kicking his butt later with the voters when he and congress does not deliver the moon as promised.

RELH

The History Channel had a program about trains and I felt is was important to me to understand how they got cherries, apples, pears..etc, from Washington and Oregon to New York in about 4 days.

They had to change a wheel on the way. It was a VERY informative show.

You think Bush wasn't using a prompter? was it because he couldn't read or because he couldn't talk that made him a crappy speaker? I said Obama was a good speaker, and he is.

It all comes back to trying to fix a mess that's unfixable, if he told the truth and just said you guys are screwed that wouldn't go over too well. he's just doing his job, BS is what it's all about.

What I don't understand is this: I know all of you that voted for him think he's wonderful BUT he keeps going on and on about how he inherited this debt blah blah blah acting like it was some sort of surprise???????? Well hello...what was all the promises he made before he was elected. He knew exactly what he was in for...knew we were in debt up to our arses...knew all these things promising all the people he had this wonderful plan and now it isn't going as smoothly as he thought so he's back peddling with all these excuses. The stock market continues to fall....so apparently most of the country doesn't have to much faith in his big plan????? I hope for all of our sakes his plan works, BUT it isn't doing one dang bit of good to place blame on who got us here.....he was the one that promised to save us all right? ;)

His plan ain't going to work, nothing he's doing or has planned is going to work. THE LINE OF HIS SPEECH " I Don't Believe in Big Government" Since he's been in office he's spent over 35 Billion dollars a day - money he doesn't have, we don't have, and no end in sight. His upcoming budget has over 8000 earmarks and PORK projects in it, yet he claims - not one ounce of PORK.
Another great O'Bummmer line last night "There's not one earmark in the Stimulus bill" The liberal congress and the whitehouse have turned into a bacon factory with no way to pay for or mop up all the grease and fat that's going to flood the taxpayers.

Oh and how about all of the defense budget cuts. Oh great in the middle of a war on terrorism and he wants to cut the defense budget in half to pay for the bailout.

You guys that turned off the tube missed out on Jindals speach. It seems to me that the conservatives are taking back the party!!!!!!!

Told a buddy last night after he got done with the economic plan. I wanted to bet him the dow was going to drop today. Well I was right. Too bad he did not take me up on the bet otherwise I would be having a cold one on him tonight!

If you knew the market was going to go down why didn't you short it and you could have bought a house and invited him over to see how smart you were.

I don't get to excited about any of these speeches because if he can accomplish 1% of what he talked about I would be impressed. Those speeches are made to paint rosy pictures of the country and how well be are doing and how much the President has done.

If anybody doesn't believe our military spending needs to be reduced then you aren't watching the same economy I am. We cannot afford to continue the oversized spending that we are doing on our military. You cannot live off of you own blood.

I disagree is almost all of Obama's agenda but I still hope he can succeed. I have my grave doubts but if he does then we will all be better off. If he doesn't we are going to be sunk, the truth is we have squandered our wealth and are truly just a paper tiger.

We are beholdened to our creditors who will keep us in line with the threat to stop buying our debt or sell their dollars. That development has been a bipartisan effort.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-09 AT 11:16AM (MST)[p]

Pendleton's is better then Crown Royal

Let'er Buck

Pendletons.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-09 AT 11:32AM (MST)[p]You guys can have that lush whiskey, i'll take a makers mark, or bookers all day long over chick whiskey. . . But i'll give you one thing, it would be funner than chit for us all to sit down together, around a fire, and drink any of it while having this discussion. . .

Anyone notice Pelosi's excited jack-in-the-box responses.
OMG, she must have had a huge wet spot in her Depends.

Nemont I can argue that, Pendleton is better than velvet but that's about as much praise as I can give it .

Ever been to Pendleton during the roundup ? thats about as wild as it gets in eastern Oregon. I haven't been to it for years but go to a mad house like that and have some relatives come off the rez with that much wiskey and chaos around and look out. I'm too old for that crap anymore, but most of could sit around and have a drink just fine I think.

Makers Mark? isn't that what RELH said he and Richard Simmons drink? that's a bay area wiskey I think.

I was thrilled with Obamas speech last night!

He said that he promised that America will get through this and be stronger than ever! (that's when Pelosi had her first orgasm).

Just a couple weeks ago Obama said that if we didn't pass the $800 billion porkulus bill, America might not ever recover!

He turned the Country around in just two short weeks! What a guy!

Eel

Makers Mark is handmade, single barrel Kentucky bourbon. Crown and Pendelton both are blends, good blends, but they still are blends. Straight, aged, single barrel bourbon is where it's at. . .

T,
I like Makers Mark sometimes.

HD,

I haven't been to the let'er buck round up. I like Crown but for some reason it doesn't like me. Even a couple of drinks and I get a headache that would kill a mule. With Pendleton's I can sip on it all night and wake up just fine.

If you guys want to meet somewhere I will bring a bottle of all three and compare their tastes.

Nemont

+ Whatever on the MakersMark..

I like peel'n that red wax off there.

T, I agree about us all around a campfire.

Would be interesting....at least..

Bar-Room-Brawl..at best....

Won't happen.

lrv

We'ld get along just fine, we're way more opinionated in a setting like this than one is in person, it's human nature, and survival for that matter.

In fact I didn't know it at the time but I've taken hunter saftey classes with a few guys here and even was given a beer or two at his camp in Colorado by one of the members here who I'm pretty sure has no idea who I am. we had a great conversation, the fact is we're really not that different and in most settings it doesn't matter anyway.

Nemont maybe I'll put in for a Montana deer tag this year, I haven't been back up on the Yaak to see if the whitetail are coming back for some years now. I'd like to meet up with you and T since I don't think you guys are that far from each other, any excuse to go back to Montana works for me it's been a few years.

>thanks Naildriver, now i am gonna
>puke.

Come on REDDOG.. Pelosi was the highlight of the speech.

An old hag lib with a few facelifts and boob job. That caught my attention. Big improvement.

HD,
Far in Montana is relative. I think T lives about 320 miles west of me if I remember correctly but that ain't now big deal. This afternoon I am driving 275 miles one way for a continuing education class. I don't mind windshield time.

Nemont

I thought Pelosi looked like Ronald McDonald, I was waiting for the hamburglar to run across the stage.

Dean, you should be going to Montana every chance you get, I love the place.

Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom