Ochoco Antelope

MACK13

Hello,

Good friend of mine drew this tag and we are planning a scouting trip this weekend, we have studied the maps and also have a call into the bio. Plan on starting around the big and small summit prairies.

Have also reviewed the posts (only a few that I can find) here on MM.

Any feedback on previous hunt would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You might go ahead and check Gray Prairie also. I have deer hunted in that area and used to see some antelope out there most days - this was a few years ago but would assume they should still be there.

Good luck!

You might go ahead and check Gray Prairie also. I have deer hunted in that area and used to see some antelope out there most days - this was a few years ago but would assume they should still be there.

Good luck!
Thanks for the information, we will have to take a peak at that area. We got back from the scouting trip, only seen a handful of antelope. What we did see where ALLOT of people camping.

Well...buddy got one on the 6th day of hunting, biggest one we could fine. Tough hunting for sure with all the weekend warrior campers, hikers (who we confronted about them having a big fire) and forest crews doing thinning in the areas we were hunting. His kid and brothers kid got to see it all go down so all in all it was a great time.

2020 Antelope.jpg

I'm always amazed by the idiots who have large fires this time of year in the woods. I was behind a guy at a construction site recently (with CA plates no less) and he flicked a lit cigarette out the window into the brush here in Central Oregon. I watched it start to smolder and gain smoke in the brush before I got out and stomped on it next to his car. I had a few choice words along the way but I'm sure he didn't care in his hooptie he was driving. Hopefully on his way back south.

tc

Back
Top Bottom