Ogden Peak Mtn. goat unit

rmanwill

Long Time Member
Any one know way the gate up on top of this unit is still closed and locked. Any idea when it will be opened for the Mtn. Goat scouting???

Where is the gate that is locked? I know that the skyline trail is closed to motorcycles until July 15th. You should be able to drive the main "road" all the way to inspiration point in you truck or ATV now.

Nope. Main road has a gate a few miles from the end/look out parking area. Several other trucks, wheelers there also. Several state it was usually open by now. Hopefully the 15th, as stated above.

yeah it is usually open by now. I have driven all the way up on the 4th of July in the past. Had to go through a few snow drifts that were in the shade. maybe the road was still a bit muddy and they didn't want it getting torn up. ???

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-16 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]Just park and hike in! It's not that far
That's what I did. I had the entire place to myself.
That is until the motor bikes and atvs MADE their own way around the gate.
Some people....

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

+1 Russ

Hike in from the No. Ogden Pass trlhd as there are quite a few Mnt. Goats hanging south of BL-Peak.

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-16 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]Forrest service has decided to lock the gate yearly until July 15.

If those dirt bikes keep going around the gate the forrest service will end up closing the area to ATV's and dirt bikes. They put those boulders there for a reason.

Some people just don't care about rules. They cost us all our privileges in the long run.

The gate was open earlier this year, it got snowed in before it could get closed.
As soon as you could get up to the gate, the forrest service had it closed and locked.

The Rocky mountain goat alliance survey that was done in mid June had to backpack from the gate across willard basin and out to ben lomond to do the survey.

Rmanwill, check your private message.

SHEDY.....
I did the exact same as the surveyors. Hike around the gate and the basin is all yours. All the way to BL. Or it should be unless they've since opened the gate.
Can anyone confirm if that gate is open now?

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom