Ogden West Antlerless Moose

ruger1022

Well, it looks like my wife just drew an antlerless moose tag with 0 points. The odds for her last year were 0.26% so we definitely got lucky. This will actually be her first big game hunt, and we are super excited.

Does anyone have any experience chasing moose in this unit? I haven't spent any time on the Ogden unit. We do live fairly close, so we will be able to scout leading up to the hunt.

Is it fairly easy to find moose on public land? Are there moose fairly close to roads or will it be a good pack to get the meat out? We would appreciate any help anyone could give us! Looking forward to some quality meat in the freezer this fall!

It's bull that someone with 0 points can draw before someone with 13.... blows my mind I have max points and can't draw. Send me a PM. My dad had the tag in 17. Shouldn?t be too tough

Thanks deerkiller, I appreciate the help. I just sent you a pm.

I agree, allocating random tags sure doesn't help the people who have been applying for a long time.

>It's bull that someone with 0
>points can draw before someone
>with 13.... blows my mind
>I have max points and
>can't draw. Send me a
>PM. My dad had the
>tag in 17. Shouldn?t be
>too tough

Really??? Lol half the tags go Into your max pool. If they all went to max pool no one would ever draw. Get over yourself. ;-)

>>It's bull that someone with 0
>>points can draw before someone
>>with 13.... blows my mind
>>I have max points and
>>can't draw. Send me a
>>PM. My dad had the
>>tag in 17. Shouldn?t be
>>too tough
>
>
>Really??? Lol half the tags go
>Into your max pool. If
>they all went to max
>pool no one would ever
>draw. Get over yourself.
>;-)

The people who decided it has been important enough to buy points when they didn't offer tags and have applied every other year tags were available, would draw. All antlerless should be preference point system. Throw 1 tag to random, but this LE draw system for a cow moose needs to end

Plenty of moose in Cutler basin and middle fork. I think not giving enough bull tags out in the unit. If it were me I'd say dump the cow hunt and issue a few more bull tags.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-19 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]I agree DEERKILLER, I also bought points for the time there was not a hunt available. I was lucky to have drawn the 1st year they were avail again. I also would not have been happy if they made this change. On a side note my nephew drew one this year with only a couple points so he will benefit from the change.

Deerlove
yes they should be giving more public tags, plenty of Bulls to hunt.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Big thanks to everyone who has provided some info for us. It has been a big help!

We drove up the mountain the other day, and I was able to turn up a couple big bulls. If anybody knows someone who has an Ogden bull tag that would like to exchange some info I would definitely point them in the direction of some of the bulls I have been seeing.

Just a little update on our hunt, we were able to get into moose every day, and my wife was able to put the smack down on this nice cow on the third day. Big thanks to everyone who helped us find some cows! It was a very successful hunt, especially with this being my wife?s first big game animal.

62016efd9d776d4734a31b68851e4d621b236.jpeg

>Nice job, where did you end
>finding her?

We ended up finding her in the south part of the unit near snow basin on the forest service.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom