OK its slow here and we need to kill a month.......SO?

R

RACKMASTER

WHOS BETTER HUNTERS? NOR CAL DUDES OR SO CAL DUDES? draw the line at King City/Coalinga...
This state offers some fine big game hunting and birds shooting!
Does So Cal have Turkeys? I know they have Deer, Elk, Pigs and Doves and Spoonies and Geese(field maggots ..lol).
I just feel we try to hunt where we live because of gas and that's where or grandfathers and dads hunted!(ever want to try something new?)
Is the North better? I think so maybe because theirs more animals! (land and good habitat is in short supply everywhere!)and our deer numbers are down though out the whole Western US...However I see so cal clowns around(joking here)and I am fearful at times mostly along in B zone. I have seen nice harvest of fine animals from the whole state both north and south and seen asses from both. again I think northern hunters are older and more experienced there for being better hunters!
rackmaster

Well since you are drawing the line at King Chity then I will say NorCal. But then again everything is better from that point going north. LOL.

JR

I would have to say that this is not a regional thing. It is an individual thing. Because of the deer numbers in the south, the so. cal hunters NEED to be better hunters. When I hunt public land down here, I'm lucky to see a few does. Once in a while, a decent buck will show himself. Most of the public I hunt in A zone has way too many hunters on it. We deal with closures far too often so that many more hunters are crammed on the land that is open. Water is also a big issue in the south end of Cali. We've been getting rain the last year or two which will help the numbers as well as antler growth. I don't see too many bucks down here that north Cali guys would shoot. If I see a legal buck down here, I'm shooting him because it may be the only buck I see all season. Who knows though....you're either a bad hunter, an average hunter, or a very good hunter no matter where you live.

Steve

Are their actually some liberal hunters south of Bakersfield? I thought most of the nimrods in Kalifornicated were located in north end. I just have a hard time understanding how and why liberals would want to hunt and KILL.

I think those that do it the most become the best. Norte Kali, SoCal, Nv, Colorado, etc. Really doesn't matter.

I started hunting waterfowl with a guy in 79 that had the most impact on my skills. He would get so pi$$ed when I shot the lowest, biggest greenhead if it was on his side of the flock. I learned to shoot my side outside to in, not shoot the closest bird(that was for the 2nd or third shot) concealment/concealment/concealment!!!

This attention to detail bled over to biggame, upland game, etc.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom