Old Desert Buck

HalfAce

Very Active Member
After a few years of hard passes and one bad miss, I finally connected on one.

I got lucky and drew this general tag a third time in a row; didn’t fill the first two times but went about the hunt a little differently this year. Scouted 4 full days before the hunt, looking over a lot of new country. Saw big antelope, big elk, and killed some coyotes, but I never saw many deer or any real big ones. Before dark on the 3rd day of the hunt I took this deer, he was the best I could find. Judging by his worn down and missing teeth and a set of this bucks sheds found 5 years ago by a member of another forum, he’s 8+ years old. I’m happy to have him.

4B4AD5E8-33B9-42CD-850F-50FDC049D4E6.jpeg

bonepicker

Very Active Member
That's great! It is most rewarding when you work your tail off to get a sneaky old buck. Score doesn't matter at that point, you can be happy with that guy for sure!

DeerHunter53

Very Active Member
After a few years of hard passes and one bad miss, I finally connected on one.

I got lucky and drew this general tag a third time in a row; didn’t fill the first two times but went about the hunt a little differently this year. Scouted 4 full days before the hunt, looking over a lot of new country. Saw big antelope, big elk, and killed some coyotes, but I never saw many deer or any real big ones. Before dark on the 3rd day of the hunt I took this deer, he was the best I could find. Judging by his worn down and missing teeth and a set of this bucks sheds found 5 years ago by a member of another forum, he’s 8+ years old. I’m happy to have him.

View attachment 15119
Good buck way to go

Zeke

Long Time Member
Rewarding for you, I'm sure!
Good job on putting in the effort to connect on a heavy old trophy.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom