Old Desert Buck

HalfAce

Very Active Member
After a few years of hard passes and one bad miss, I finally connected on one.

I got lucky and drew this general tag a third time in a row; didn’t fill the first two times but went about the hunt a little differently this year. Scouted 4 full days before the hunt, looking over a lot of new country. Saw big antelope, big elk, and killed some coyotes, but I never saw many deer or any real big ones. Before dark on the 3rd day of the hunt I took this deer, he was the best I could find. Judging by his worn down and missing teeth and a set of this bucks sheds found 5 years ago by a member of another forum, he’s 8+ years old. I’m happy to have him.

4B4AD5E8-33B9-42CD-850F-50FDC049D4E6.jpeg

That's great! It is most rewarding when you work your tail off to get a sneaky old buck. Score doesn't matter at that point, you can be happy with that guy for sure!

After a few years of hard passes and one bad miss, I finally connected on one.

I got lucky and drew this general tag a third time in a row; didn’t fill the first two times but went about the hunt a little differently this year. Scouted 4 full days before the hunt, looking over a lot of new country. Saw big antelope, big elk, and killed some coyotes, but I never saw many deer or any real big ones. Before dark on the 3rd day of the hunt I took this deer, he was the best I could find. Judging by his worn down and missing teeth and a set of this bucks sheds found 5 years ago by a member of another forum, he’s 8+ years old. I’m happy to have him.

View attachment 15119
Good buck way to go

Rewarding for you, I'm sure!
Good job on putting in the effort to connect on a heavy old trophy.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom