"OMAHA" steaks ?

K

KILLERBEE

a friend gave me a couple packs of these custom order steaks. says they are the best you can get. anyone ever hear of them?

my question is, how should i cook them? it says 2 ways, the one i'm thinking of doing is broiling them, but is that waisting a good steak?

nothing better than a good steak, to bad i stink at making a good steak

Yea, I've gotten some packages of Omaha Steaks over the years. IMO, the meat isn't really THAT much better then I can get at a local butcher. On the other hand, steak is steak!! :)

As for how you should cook them, that's all up to you! Broiling is just fine.... Just don't overcook!! ;)

Bon Apetite!

S.

thats what i did last night and they turned out pretty good. still not as good as going out for a good steak. but i have 10 more to practise with.they do give good instructions as to how long to broil then turn to get them the way you like em. i cooked them medium rare. as far as being the best you can buy? they were good cuts of meat but i didn't notice a huge difference. i dont know what they cost but i wouldn't pay double for them .

I sent you a PM KILLERBEE.

I've never had an Omaha Steak, but I've heard alot about them.

I have never broiled a steak in my life. I grill mine. Here's how I grill a good beef steak. 1) Get the grill realllllly hot! 2) Turn the fire down and brush off the grill with a good grill brush. 3) Turn the fire back up and get her good and hot again. 4) Throw your preseasoned steak on and watch it (I like mine rare or med. rare) till the edges start to turn down a little then I flip it and wait for the edges to start to turn back down pull it off the grill. 5) My steak is done.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

Go ahead and eat them if they were given to you, but don't ever spend your own hard earned money on them.
Just run of the mill beef with some fancy marketing pushing them.
Just my opinion from 32 years of cutting meat for a living.
HH

>Go ahead and eat them if
>they were given to you,
>but don't ever spend your
>own hard earned money on
>them.
>Just run of the mill beef
>with some fancy marketing pushing
>them.
>Just my opinion from 32 years
>of cutting meat for a
>living.
>HH

i've ate most of them, and i agree. they are good, dont get me wrong, but i wouldn't pay to much EXTRA for them.

They are good but not worth what they cost, used to work at an autobody shop and did alot of work for one of their distributors and those guys used to tip us in steaks. That being said the best piece of meat i've EVER had was one of their bison brisketts but at almost $60 a pop i wouldn't go and buy one.

HunterHarry,a friend of mine bought a whole steer last season from a laborer he works with and he said that the guy feeds the steers corn from start to finish,instead of just finishing them off with corn the last 30 to 60 days or whatever.Does this make a huge difference?

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

I say the more corn the better. I have been sold some meat that was suppose to be great beef from a local rancher and he didn't feed corn at all or skimmped on the corn. Being mostly grass feed it was good for hamberger and thats about it. Never bought beef from him agin. If you want good beef buy it in eastern Montana or Wester North Dakota!!!

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

First, Killerbee, I say this kindly, you should learn to grill. I think 80% of the time, you can cook a better steak at home than you can get at a restaruant. Several of my friends and I would hardly ever think to pay someone else to cook a steak. Not that I haven't or had business dinners at some of the finest steak houses in the country. And they are good, but usually it is the wine or sides that show the chefs creativity and personality and ability. You can do it and what a fun learning project to have.

Second, on quality of meat. I agree with the above post on marketing hype mostly. I have bought expensive cuts and they have been no better than much less expensive cuts. Right now there a plenty of good deals at my grocery store, but I look at them and would hardly serve any of the steaks. They look artificial colored and have no marbeling whatsoever. There is a lot that can be learned on meat selection alone.

Third, there is no accounting for taste and most of us here have been raised on corn fed beef, but I am trying to get away from that. Have you seen a feed lot? I've noticed grass fed or even wild game vary tremendously due to what 'grass' they actually eat. I wouldn't rule out 'grass' fed due to one or two instances.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-10 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]+1 on grilling at home. Here's an easy way to grill. Take 1/4 cup olive oil, and 1/4 cup soy sauce,(more if you're cooking for a crowd) mix together with a pinch of garlic powder. MIX well and brush on both sides of the steak. Don't add any salt, the soy takes care of that. I like to add quite a bit of coarse grind pepper to the steaks. Cook on a hot grill to taste. Don't over cook!!!! This being said you can't make a poor steak great, just taste a little better. BUT, you can ruin a great steak by cooking it too long or by adding too much junk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom