Omega or Knight Mag. Disc?

nvhunter

I have been trying to compare which one to buy. This is my first muzzle loader. Which one do you guys like and why? I like the Omega because it says you don't have to clean the breech plug, and also because of the way the primer goes on. It looks like it is harder to get the primer on on the Knight, is that true? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I haven't shot the Knight so I can't comment on it but I have used the Omega extensively and it is the simplest, most reliable muzzleloader I have ever tried.

I have the Disc Extreme. You just drop the primer in the bolt face and close the bolt. My father in law (who owns the original Disc) says that mine is easier to prime than his. Clean up is easy (according to my friend Randy not as easy as the Omega, but easier than most).

We too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We, and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.-Franklin Roosevelt

nvhunter. Hate to burst your bubble, but you will need to clean the breach plug on the Omega and I'm sure on the Knight Disc as well. I have two ML. One is a CVA Appollo which is a real pain to clean, but is a nice beginner gun. I recommend beginning with a moderately priced ML and then work your way up as you develop a greater interest for ML. If $$$ is no object, then I strongly recommend the Omega (Not having shot a Knight myself).

My Omega is extremly easy to clean, especially if using Tripple 7 powder (Does not contain sulfer like Pyrodex or Black Powder). Unfortunately, my biggest cleanining problem with my Omega is the breach area.

Since you are new to ML, you may want to read up on BlueTick ML101 found on this web site. Most importantly of all, ML takes a lot of patience and requires time to care for your weapon.

Best wishes and welcome to the club.

I don't have problems removing the breach plug, the problem is cleaning where the barrel and breach plug meet. This is the point just past the breach threads and where the rifling of the barrel begin.

After a day of shooting, I have to really scrub the area well to get rid of the crud. I have asked for help on another forum and most have agreed that it takes a little bit of scrubbing with a wire breach brush. I use TC#13 soaked on a patch and run it down with the breach brush and then run the breach brush by itself and possibly repeat until spit shinned.

Hope this helps!

SheepHunter: Do you see this same type of crub build up? If so, how are you cleaning it? Maybe I can learn a new trick or two.

BadBry

I soak(dripping) a patch with Black powder remover (Knights Brand) and let it set for awhile in the breech area it cleans right up without all that other scrubbing.I shoot both a Omega and Mk-85 and I use this method on both and it works.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom