On this day in history

eelgrass

Long Time Member
1. Oct. 11, 1948 the Cleveland Indians won the World Series. They have not won since.

Game 6[edit]
Monday, October 11, 1948 1:00 pm (ET) at Braves Field in Boston, Massachusetts

WP: Bob Lemon (2?0) LP: Bill Voiselle (0?1) Sv: Gene Bearden (1)
Home runs:
CLE: Joe Gordon (1)
BOS: None
The Indians struck first in Game 6 when Dale Mitchell hit a leadoff double in the third off Bill Voiselle and scored on Lou Boudreau's RBI double, but the Braves tied the game on Mike McCormick's RBI single with two on off Bob Lemon in the fourth. A walk loaded the bases, but Voiselle grounded out to end the inning. Joe Gordon's leadoff home in the sixth put the Indians back in front 2?1. After a one-out walk and single, Jim Hegan's RBI groundout extended their lead to 3?1. Three straight singles in the eighth by Ken Keltner, Thurman Tucker and Eddie Robinson made it 4?1 Indians. In the bottom of the inning, the Braves loaded the bases off Lemon on a single, double and walk. Clint Conatser's sacrifice fly and Phil Masi's RBI double off Gene Bearden made it 4?3 Indians, but Bearden pitched a scoreless ninth for the save to give the Indians the championship, currently their last.

2. Eel was born.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Eel!

How Young are Ya?:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-19 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]> HAPPY BIRTHDAY Eel!
>
>How Young are Ya?:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Good question Bobcat..

-------

:D:D Oh crap!

Edit: Thanks for the new RELH knife for my birthday! :D

Happy birthday, young man.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

LAST EDITED ON Oct-12-19 AT 08:52AM (MST)[p]Happy Birthday Eel
10-11 is a great day
#3 I was also born just 6 years after you
Wes

Happy Birthday Wes. I always figured we had something in common. I just wish I could kill big bucks like you do every year. Nobody knows the Ruby's like you.

Thanks guys!

Another birthday greeting for the Eel.

Oct 12th is also a historic day. Other than the voyage of Columbis, that some libs want to trash, it is also the day of my birth.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

>Another birthday greeting for the Eel.
>
>
>Oct 12th is also a historic
>day. Other than the
>voyage of Columbis, that some
>libs want to trash, it
>is also the day of
>my birth.
>
>from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Happy birthday Dan. I'll never forget your hospitality on my pronghorn hunt, and recalling our days at HSC. You did well with your life.

Nice, Jager. I think the drill team ended up with the same weapon they started with, but I'm not sure. :)

Kilowatt introduced me to the Star in Elko. He knows all the good places to eat in the West. I still owe him a hand full of quarters.

Kilowatt, I Applause U 4 Taking Eel as him being a Passenger. Lord only knows if Eel has had U as a Passenger :)

Did Eel actually ask you for shiny Quarters...? Eel didn't lose them in a slot machine... He saved them to make Fishing Lures.

Jagerdad :)

Jager, we were in Wyoming late at night and I was trying to wash 100 lbs. of Wyoming mud off my truck at a car wash. It only took quarters. I don't gamble....too much.

Happy belated Birthday Eel! Hope you were able to spend the day on the water! I killed the fatted young bull in your honor!

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom