Once-in-a-Lifetime Trophies Photo Contest

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Let's see some of your Once-in-a-Lifetime Trophy Photos.
Moose, Goat, Sheep, Bison and others that you consider might be a once-in-a-lifetime trophy for you. Share a little detail about the pics too!

We'll run the photo contest for a month or so and then I'll pick a couple of the best pics as winners.

The contest prizes will be a Phone Skope Kit for 1st place and Pyro Putty and an Arch Lighter for 2nd place. Thanks to the folks at Phone Skope for the gear! If you don't already own the a Phone Skope, then get over to their site and get one......that is if you don't win one here! It's a valuable piece of gear to have with you for helping to preserve your hunting and scouting adventures.

Get Yourself a Phone Skope

phone=skope-12720.jpg

aug2010 056a.jpg

2010 California Tule Elk DIY Public Land Archery . Yep he's broken his G1's right off. Kinda chuckle when I tell folks my only shoulder mounted elk measured 239.

Obviously I need a Phonescope so I can field judge my bulls better....

Last edited:
2014 Utah mountain goat. Way bigger then I was expecting out of the hunt. My only regret is that I did not kill him with my muzzleloader as I had planned. I believe he would still be the current muzzleloader world record mountain goat if I would have stayed the coarse with my muzzleloader plan. We had a farm fire early the morning I was scheduled to leave and that altered my plan and I ended up grabbing my rifle instead of my muzzleloader after the haystack was torn down and the fire put out. The picture of my mountain goat is still my screen saver on my phone. Likely the only OIL tag that I will ever have. This hunt was a once in a lifetime hunt and differently memories for a lifetime

D0E0B26E-5850-46AB-A817-11CAE932ED44.png

CDBD5A6C-A319-476C-B25F-A267802D1808.jpeg

2014 Utah mountain goat. Way bigger then I was expecting out of the hunt. My only regret is that I did not kill him with my muzzleloader as I had planned. I believe he would still be the current muzzleloader world record mountain goat if I would have stayed the coarse with my muzzleloader plan. We had a farm fire early the morning I was scheduled to leave and that altered my plan and I ended up grabbing my rifle instead of my muzzleloader after the haystack was torn down and the fire put out. The picture of my mountain goat is still my screen saver on my phone. Likely the only OIL tag that I will ever have. This hunt was a once in a lifetime hunt and differently memories for a lifetime

View attachment 77362

View attachment 77363
Great Ogden goat.

I'm a sucker for bison.

My 2012 UT Henry Mountains cow tag was a hoot, but left me craving a big ole dinosaur bull.
FB_IMG_1653882006758.jpg

The next day we chased a cat and I shot a great 7'3" tom with a 15 2/8" skull.

FB_IMG_1653882605775.jpg

Fast forward 7 years and I had an any bison tag for the Delta Junction herd in Alaska in my pocket. I was very selective, passing on hundreds of bison and dozens of nice bulls in pursuit of an ugly, beat up, broken down dinosaur bull. On day 8 I managed to catch back up with the only dinosaur I had come across. He ended up being 17.5 years old per the lab, and scored 123 and change.

IMG_20191026_131358.jpg

During the chase to find my Ole Ugly a few days earlier I stumbled across a cow bison skull from an ancient old gal with a very unique horn shape for a bison, so now the trio of bison live up on the wall above the cougar.
20210629_234743.jpg

20211009_191714.jpg
Last fall I finally punched my first bear tag, and managed to get a +9' sow coastal brown bear on the Alaska Peninsula with my pudelpointer Ava right by my side (she blood tracked my buddy's bear two days earlier for over 3 hundred yards in the pucker brush).

This bear was insanely fat, and despite us spending hours in the field cutting and scraping sheet after sheet of fat off the hide, it still weighed in at 194lbs at the freighter, not including the skull. There's a reason I called her Butterball.
20211009_190701.jpg

20211009_190424.jpg

Damn CF!

That's A Rough Looker There!

Any More Story?
Free range West Texas hunt in August. I was originally going to hunt a big bull, but I couldn’t find a bull that impressed me so when I saw this old cow, I focused on her. The herd wasn’t too spooky, but once you got within 150 yards, they’d take off. I snuck to within 80 yards, and proceded to stick an arrow in the thickest part of the shoulder bone, I ran up to 50 and was able to put another in her that blew right through her lungs. She ran 20 yards and tipped over. She hardly had any teeth left. Seeing as Texas doesn’t really have much of a winter I’m not going to say she wouldn’t have made it through the winter, but she didn’t have very many years left. She was by far the roughest looking of the herd.

My bison bull and me posing in Teton Park. We watched him exit the Park in the early morning and bed on NF. I packed my rifle through the Park onto the NF, setup 180 yards away without a clear shot. He gets up and turns back towards the Park, comes clear
10817097_976984145649515_710465003_o.jpg
and my friend says "you better take him now!". One shot behind the shoulder low and he takes off like a freight train and of course makes it back into the Park before he piles up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom