One day hunt advise needed...

Z

If you only had one day to hunt, would you rather spend it in a 4X4 trying to cover as much as ground as possible or still backpack into your original planned area.

Details:

Driving from Vegas to the Rubies. I was suppose to have left this morning but I have to come into work for a few hours on Monday to take care of something...but I am on leave as of today.

I have to be to work on Thursday morning. That would leave me Monday night to drive into the Rubies, hunt Tuesday and maybe Wensday morning, then come back.

The area I wanted to hike into it about a 5-6 hour hike form the trail head.

Last year, my wife only had a day to hunt as well and we still drove up. I got her on some deer and she even missed one, but this was during the late season. Muzzleloader is a whole different ball game.

Whatcha think?

I'd spend the first day packing in like you originally planned. Who knows what you might see. If you still have the next morning hunt, spend that time driving around trying to find a meat bucdk to shoot. Good luck...that's kind of a shitty deal feeling rushed to hunt.

M'Balz Es Hari

I'm not trying to start a bash and think its cool your coming from that far of drive but the muzzy hunt is 3 weeks long if u didn't have time to hunt it maybe u could of turned the tag back and someone else could of hunted it?

I would have to make the trip also, but part of the decision you must make would have to be based on my ability to remove the game and return home safely. You may still have time to hunt after committing 10 hours to packing in and out, but can you function on the highway on the ride home? I don't know the distances or how it pencils out timewise, but no deer is worth dying for. Good luck.

>I'm not trying to start a
>bash and think its cool
>your coming from that far
>of drive but the muzzy
>hunt is 3 weeks long
>if u didn't have time
>to hunt it maybe u
>could of turned the tag
>back and someone else could
>of hunted it?

I had ten days planned out and booked up for leave. The changes have all been occurring last minute.

Last year, I got five days and tagged out about an hour into the first morning.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-11-13 AT 10:46AM (MST)[p]Turning in a tag does not help any one....it just get voided and not reissued! I surrendered a tag for restate of points and asked about that!!
Do plan "A" first....(ALWAYS)
Pack In....(you'll feel better about that after spending 6 hours or more already driving their, that's a lot of sore ass!)

smack

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom