One down, One to go, maybe two

NMPaul

Just got back from our deer hunt. Its in Unit 34 and we saw 9-10 bucks.
Jordan got one down and this completes his perfect season. Jordan is a friend of the families and loves to hunt. He got Antelope, Bull elk and a nice buck today.
We worked hard for it. We logged in 7 brutal miles and this buck was 2 miles from the car.

We packed the buck quarters, head, cape, straps, neck meat and tenderloins out because we did not have time to bone it out so the 2 mile hike back to the truck was ugly.

My daughter was literally crying tonight and she is in really good shape playing all sports. She has a big blister on her heel so not sure how we are gonna get her buck tomorrow. One problem is we got half way to my spot and we discovered she forgot her gun.
There was one opportunity that we jumped 6 bucks and only Jordan could shoot. We may have pulled off a double if she could have shot.
We could hear the hit but never found any blood and could see him with the other bucks 1/2 mile away later.
This was a real nice buck.
My daughter also left my tripod up there somewhere. :(

These kids are troopers and it was a great day. Here are some pics.

2008JordansDeer008.jpg

2008JordansDeer005.jpg

2008JordansDeer004.jpg

OUCH!!!! still too early in the day for that without my coffee! You mind stayin outa the pic next time paul! LOL

Tell your son good job. Smile on his faces says he's hooked!

490a1d7f3dc0b17e.jpg

When I die I'm leaving this world the same way I came in.......Accidentally!

Way to go Paul! My wife and I hunted all day but at the end of the day we had nothing to show. We did enjoy a nice sunset though. Saw one buck and a few doe. Maybe tommorow we can get one.

Awesome Paul!! You and those kids have made a mark this year for sure.
Hey stinky.... When you gonna wake up?? That ain't Paul's kid! You big dummy!

Now that's low. You go callin a kid ugly? I think cookie needs a permanent ban from this site. I know not everyone can go lookin GQ like me and all, but I've learned not to hold it against everyone. Just get tired of seein that sasquach face in the first pic. LOL

Hey paul, I'm assuming you weren't too far from your house? Or did you have to wear out a pair of boots to get into the muleys?
Just curious.

SS

490a1d7f3dc0b17e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-08 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-08 AT 09:21?AM (MST)

PA I will shoot you a pm.

Bob, I definitely have not lost 20lbs since I met you during elk season.
Just remember when taking game pics not only do you try to make the animal look as big as possible, I also specialize in making myself look as thin as possible. No I did not photo shop myself.

We got number 2 this morning. I don't think I would have got my daughter on another day like yesterday so we got this one just behind our property.

Have 2 more to go. My 19 yr old son who may not make it out again because he has to work for a living now and my 11 yr old we decided to buy him a private land tag. Have a friend that will let us hunt his property maybe.

Cookie, don't worry. Stinky never reads my posts. :) He just starts posting away. You two bust me up. Remember Sanford and Sons. I can just hear him calling Lamont a "Big Dummy". LMAO

Stinky, we got Jordan's buck yesterday on the east side.
I found a bonafide honeyhole. We saw a total of 11 bucks yesterday. (I miss counted in my first post I forgot about some). Some we saw over a Mile away in fact the one Jordan got was over a mile away towards the end of the day and further from where we parked.
I didnt wear out my boots, but, I wore out my feet.
Stinky, I was flexing for the pics the best I could, but, I have not figured out how to make fat look like muscle.
NMrecluse

Wow that is great! Congrats to your daughter. I look forward to your pm paul, we might be able to make it out tuesday to hunt. Went this morning but we got skunked.

Paul,
Tell Jordan & your daughter congrats on 2 nice deer. I went out yesterday w/ PA & his wife and saw a few deer (1 buck). I plan on going with them Tuesday to try again. Great job.--KH

Mr recluse... I do appreciate the above picture. Nothing like a dead buck and an absolutely beautiful little girl. U make sure u take care of that step daughter now. ROFL.
if that was ur daughter that pic would have already been nuked.

U are the third person this year that's been raving about that area for deer. That's sad cuz I only know of 3 other friends who have been hunting. wait.... I think I only have 3 friends period......hmmmm that's odd, I wonder why?.... oh well,....... whens the BBQ?
and yes I will invite myself to ur bbq, same as I will post comments at random

SS

490a1d7f3dc0b17e.jpg

Paul,
You guys continue to amaze me. Congrats to your daughter. Keep her huntin' and the boys will feel to intimidated to give you troubles elsewhere when she gets older!! If you need help keeping stinky away from your B-B-Q let me know! Don't let that clown anywhere near your family. He's like a disease that has No cure!!

Cookie and Stinky, you guys are welcome anytime.

I will keep the hose ready with cold water to keep you guys from fighting though.

Still trying to find a buck for my 11 yr old. He has a private land tag only so we cannot hunt public.
Went on some private that we had permission to hunt saw one buck way off in the distance, by the time we got close enough coulnt find him. Windy today.

Need cold weather to move in.

You can say that again. I had mom all over the ranch we are hunting and I swear the wind was out to get us!

Paul,

U r da man! It's hard enough trying to get yourself on to game, but getting kids onto them takes a whole 'nuther skill level. Much congrats to you, your kids, and your friends; excellent job. The hunting world needs more people like you.

Thanks Mozey for the nice comment.

I will be putting up a new post with my 11 yr old getting a small 3x3 buck this morning. Got all our tags filled even though it went to the last day and trying to squeeze work in.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-08 AT 09:02PM (MST)[p]Jordan,

Congrats on a fine buck!

MsNMP,

Congrats on your fine looking buck!

NMP,

Congrats on the unselfish hunting trips for the kids! Seems most of your posts and pictures are mentoring kids.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom