One hunt, one Animal...

chipc

Very Active Member
If money was no object and you could hunt one species anywhere you wanted what would it be ? Mine was Alaska Brown bear but I got that done a couple of years ago. Now it would either be Mule Deer on the Jicarilla or Alaska / Yukon Moose. Hmmm... I'll go with the A/Y Moose.

stone sheep Yukon. take that over any of the African or middle eastern 100K hunts. i may even be able to do it one day so kinda nice to think "the dream" is obtainable

I have a bucket list, but if I could hunt just one right now it probably would be Stones as well, as I hope I draw a desert tag in my lifetime. I don't care if its in the Yukon or BC though.

High Altai Argali

1608228245143.png

Don't Think You're gonna Out-Do that Buck in Your Avatar on the Jic!

If money was no object and you could hunt one species anywhere you wanted what would it be ? Mine was Alaska Brown bear but I got that done a couple of years ago. Now it would either be Mule Deer on the Jicarilla or Alaska / Yukon Moose. Hmmm... I'll go with the A/Y Moose.

Ok I'll play. Hopefully going for cape buffalo in May (depending on travel restrictions) so it's monster bugling elk in the Gila.

There are a few elk tags in NM, CO, UT, AZ, MT, NV that would fit the bill. If I was limited to one and only hunt for the rest of my life, I would happily choose one of those with no regrets. The good news is that even without unlimited money or time, there is always a fair and square chance I may get to go on one of them before all is said and done over the next 20-30 years.

Hard to knock the "any North American sheep" concept. Probably bighorn or stone as the top priority, in a true backcountry setting.

But solely due to cost, I might pick an African Lion in Tanzania if I wasn't paying. True adventure in one of the wildest places left on earth.

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom