One Less Scumbag Poacher

F

Flatlander (Guest)

Saw this in the Sunday paper. Hopefully they'll tack on some more years for the gun issue. Five years for all the elk and deer he poached isn't nearly long enough.

I'm pretty computer stupid, but I believe this is the story:
www.startribune.com/stories/531/

Flatlander

I read about that guy on Colorado DOW site. He would shoot them, leave the carcass to rot and hide the heads up in trees. Then he would come back later to make it look like he found them.

He only has 5 years and $40,000 as of right now which is not nearly enough for killing over 40 animals. Should be more like 25 years and about 2 million, which that money should go back into the rebuilding of the wildlife or habitat.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????????????????????

That kinda stuff makes me sick. I'm almost with berto (hang the creep). But, I also think the sentence was WAYYYYY too light. Dutch had a much better idea, the best way to help put back what he stole. My vote to dutch for Federal Judge........

Heck, here in Wyoming there was a case of an outfitting service that was a pretty wide spread poaching scandal. It was not nearly as large as this mans, and the animals in this case were shot by different hunters. I think their fine totaled like 1/2 a mill, but I do not believe any of them got a prison sentences. Just probation and firearm and hunting privileges revoked. Glad this guy is getting put away.
Michael

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-03 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]The best part of the sentencing is the FELONY conviction... That will haunt him for life... It should be 45 felony charges!!!!

I love to see jerks like that get their's. I never think the punishment fits the crime but at least like stated he got felony charges and can never LAWFULLY own a gun again. I also like the responses given by the great and ethical hunters and sportsmen that visit this site. YOU GUYS ROCK!! Hang him and sell all he owned to make back money to put back in the outdoors. MM

The most bewildering part of the entire story was when they said he was NOT from Utah.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom