One or two eyes?

buckerooski

well the bow season is long over and tag soup has been made and eaten lol. just wondering how i can up my game in terms of form, distances, and steep shots ie on a hill. my one big question is should i shoot with both eyes open or just the one? i can shoot well with one eye open and it doesn't feel uncomfortable.

I use both eyes open with bow and any gun but I understand not everyone can do it.

Obviously I have a very dominant eye.

Knowing which eye is dominant is critical and you can train dominance and use both eyes if you want.

Lots of guys wink a little and some simply close one tight and some use both open so I suppose no one will be 100% correct in telling others what needs to happen.

Shotgunning is a different animal and I say a guy needs both open for those tough shots. .....but again, just my opinion.

Zeke

Both eyes open us pretty common, though if your dominant eye isn't the strongest it may make your picture a bit more blurry.

As far as up hill shots, draw normally and then correct for elevation. So draw straight ahead and then Raise your bow.

The biggest thing to upping your game when it comes to archery hunting is just learning the animal you are hunting imo. If you get even remotely good with your bow, thay does nothing if yoi can't get into the animals. Get an animal within 50 yards or whatever your comfy shooting and the rest is muscle memory.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom