One persons carbon footprint

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Here is a photo I took last weekend. It shows the amount of smoke from one of the forest fires in Trinity County, CA. Underneath all the smoke is the little town of Hyampom. In a little cabin in Hyampom there lives a good environmentalist Democrat who was celebrating when Pres. Clinton signed into law no new roads in National Forests.

I talked to a firefighter who was working this fire. He was headed to town to get some new parts for their dozer that was broke down. They are making a desperate attempt to get a few roads into the fire.

I'm sure this devout environmentalist Democrat has switched to those CFL light bulbs to cut down on his carbor footprint.

How's his carbon footprint doing now?

4872b6446ab8d9fb.jpg

Very nice! That guy needs to buy ALOT of carbon offsets. Dang Kali smoke is blowing up here into god's country now. I wonder if all of that lightning was in response to the legalization of gay marriage?
ismith

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Jef;
I know your last name and it is not a hillbilly name, but you do sound like a good old hillbilly to me. I second your opinion.

RELH

It will not be long before the Dems will be trying to figure out a way to tax God for starting forest fires.

I think a while back in Oregon I believe or Washington, I can't remember which, but they recently put a ban on fires on the beach. They said to much carbon. How are these freaking idots planning on stoping lightening caused fires.

"dude, nothing we can say will make us like as childish/silly as the rants you post. We HAVE posted the parts, you chose to ignore them. We get it, you like soldiers that sell out their fellow soldiers for political gain, and you hate or hold in contempt those that take a stand. We get that you manage to see NOTHING but bad in Republicans, and nothing put pure and honorable intentions from fellow limp wristed libs. We got it already, now move on."
(PRO July 3, 2008)

What's wrong with a good forest fire? I'd rather have forest fires than roads any day. Am I missing something?

We had a fire almost burn down our cabin last summer and you should see the grass now. I plan on killing a monster bull that hangs out in the area. I had two apple trees get molested by this sob so now it's war. Only in my mind it was a monster bull and the only payback is to have his head on my wall. Anyway back to the fires, the grass is green and the morels were delicious. So what is wrong with forest fires again? I think they've been around longer than roads. If they could use helicopters to log areas without building roads then I would be all for it. Roads suck! Logging is good if done properly.

whats all the particulates hanging in the valleys got to do with methane and carbon monoxide that you can't see going into the upper atmosphere? do some of you even try to think? just a little bit, second graders are smarter than that

Well, being bumber than a 5th grader, I thought all this hype about the greenhouse gasses that are released because of the deforistation of the rain forest had some merrit.

But now I think I get it. It's not forest burning that is the problem. It's only if you cut the trees down and create jobs and build houses. And then replant and do erosion control. All a big No-No!

My bad!

I sure hope that guy in the cabin understands all that since he'll be breathing that smoke until November or so. I'm sure carbon monoxide is NOT released when wood burns.

From what I understand because no one wanted to breath smoke for the last fifty or eighty years and we put out all the fires is part of the reason we are having these huge hot fires, there is nothing wrong with logging, although its obvious it can't be done everywhere, I have read that the west was always smokey from fires before white people settled here, natural things like fires and volcanos, don't explain the high amount of greenhouse gas scientists measure in the atmosphere, some scientists say as the western US dries up with drought and the summers get hotter we should expect many more mega fires, hope they are wrong

Piper,
I'm not going to get into the "junk science" debate, but you might want to pick a random Western town and watch the daily temperature vs. average tempurature for a few weeks. The averages are just that, averages over the entire recorded data available to NOAA and the like. I sure have not been reaching "average temperature" here in southern NM over the last few years...

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom