One shot back on the books...

elks96

Long Time Member
Despite cutting public tag allocation for antelope this year the one shot was awarded their 80 tags off the top.
Why do we allow residents odds to be miserable while pimping out our wildlife to win favor with the wealthy and elite? Many of whom vote and work against WY ideals!

Why do we bait animals? You’re against the one shot but you want to shoot deer over a feeder? Riiight.

Wouldn’t mind seeing the one shot and all the commissioner tags go away.

Last edited:
Despite cutting public tag allocation for antelope this year the one shot was awarded their 80 tags off the top.
Why do we allow residents odds to be miserable while pimping out our wildlife to win favor with the wealthy and elite? Many of whom vote and work against WY ideals!
Kinda strange, you know, I agree 100% with you. Three Wyoming residents spoke up at the Commission meeting and strangely you were not one of them.

Kinda strange, you know, I agree 100% with you. Three Wyoming residents spoke up at the Commission meeting and strangely you were not one of them.
Yeah I was not able to make the commission meeting last year but did send multiple emails.
Are you actually talking about this years meeting? If so I honestly had no idea the meeting was going to discus the issue. Had I know I likely would have made more of an effort.

Yeah I was not able to make the commission meeting last year but did send multiple emails.
Are you actually talking about this years meeting? If so I honestly had no idea the meeting was going to discus the issue. Had I know I likely would have made more of an effort.
This year, last week. but "likely made more of an effort" is not good enough Elks. You started the post and I'm holding your feet to the fire.

Next year, if we can get 10 people to testify against this, they can't ignore it any longer. Ten people who care that the One shot gets more antelope tags than at least one area I know of. Ten people who care that antelope tags aren't going to the "good 'ole boys club", for them to give out as they please.

I will post the meeting everywhere if that's what it takes, but we need people to testify.

Every meeting, every agenda, and all their presentation data in one spot...

Untitled.jpg

*The proposed allocation of licenses is proportional to the estimated number of licenses available in these hunt areas during the 2021 season. This process has been used for decades and Lander Region personnel support the proposed allocation.

**The Proposed allocation of licenses is based on the Wyoming Women’s Antelope Hunt request. All hunt areas in the Wyoming Women’s Antelope Hunt request had 100% drawing success for resident applicants in 2020. Sheridan Region personnel support the proposed
allocation.

This year, last week. but "likely made more of an effort" is not good enough Elks. You started the post and I'm holding your feet to the fire.

Next year, if we can get 10 people to testify against this, they can't ignore it any longer. Ten people who care that the One shot gets more antelope tags than at least one area I know of. Ten people who care that antelope tags aren't going to the "good 'ole boys club", for them to give out as they please.

I will post the meeting everywhere if that's what it takes, but we need people to testify.
Honestly this year the hunt never hit my radar. I am relatively new to WY, and still do not have the connections I had in Colorado. In Colorado I had a dozen other involved guys that I networked with and constantly heard from on all topics. But here in WY, I literally only have MM and Hunt Talk. Trying to expand that network here as well.

I typically have no issues showing up to meetings if I can make it without interrupting my work/family.

But rest assured, that locally I am working to turn hunters against this deal. Honestly many local hunters have no idea what actually takes place... they have no idea that only 24 lic are used for the hunt. They have no idea that some people get to hunt every year in and out while their entire family fails to draw a single tag in the units. When most find this out they feel it is crap...

Last edited:
Honestly this year the hunt never hit my radar. I am relatively new to WY, and still do not have the connections I had in Colorado. In Colorado I had a dozen other involved guys that I networked with and constantly heard from on all topics. But here in WY, I literally only have MM and Hunt Talk. Trying to expand that network here as well.

I typically have no issues showing up to meetings if I can make it without interrupting my work/family.

But rest assured, that locally I am working to turn hunters against this deal. Honestly many local hunters have no idea what actually takes place... they have no idea that only 24 lic are used for the hunt. They have no idea that some people get to hunt every year in and out while their entire family fails to draw a single tag in the units. When most find this out they feel it is crap...
The guy you don't agree with from mtnpursuits showed up in opposition and addressed the commission.

Maybe send him an email and thank him.

The guy you don't agree with from mtnpursuits showed up in opposition and addressed the commission.

Maybe send him an email and thank him.
Credit where credit is due... Good for him, but that does not mean that I will forego my other grievances and fully support his platform.

I also don’t agree with mountain pursuit on many things such as coyote regulations. However, have no problem with seeing the end of one shot guaranteed tags.

You sure sound a lot like jims. You’re doing all this work behind the scenes ?

Jims96 this slipped right by you in your backyard hahaha.

Man this Wyoming forum just isn't a fun place anymore. Nothing positive, every thread people are insulting and putting down others. I'm pretty sure it was never like this before. Maybe it's due to the pandemic?
It is interesting that the only help the OP got was from a non res.

And usually SS is better at trolling. This time it was fairly pathetic. Hopefully he can step his game back up.

And usually SS is better at trolling. This time it was fairly pathetic. Hopefully he can step his game back up.
it’s not as interesting but more sad that a resident doesn’t know what’s going on in his backyard. And even more sad that he thinks posting on forums complaining is doing his part to help. But don’t you worry boys, jims96 is doing all the work behind the scenes. Let’s just hope his recruits get off their bar stool..

My troll was a little weak this time. Glad to see you know my full potential.

I'll fix this for you: "It is interesting that the only help the OP got was from a non res who showed him where to look next year and two residents that showed up and spoke against the One Shot tags."

There, much better.

Man this Wyoming forum just isn't a fun place anymore. Nothing positive, every thread people are insulting and putting down others. I'm pretty sure it was never like this before. Maybe it's due to the pandemic?
What I find interesting is when I hunt in Wyoming I meet some of the nicest people you will find anywhere. If you only read this Wyoming forum you would never guess that.

Wyoming's full of nice people... They also usually call a spade a spade, shouldn't get your panties in a wad over hurt feelings.... It's the called the Cowboy state for a reason.... got to have a little thicker skin and toughen up buckaroos...:ROFLMAO:

I think the guys on here are passionate about hunting and want to protect what they have. They should, they have a good thing going, that is why we all want to go there.

What I find interesting is when I hunt in Wyoming I meet some of the nicest people you will find anywhere. If you only read this Wyoming forum you would never guess that.
I strongly agree. I have been seeing the same thing for over 20 years in the state and the last few on this forum. I think they hate themselves too.

I'll fix this for you: "It is interesting that the only help the OP got was from a non res who showed him where to look next year and two residents that showed up and spoke against the One Shot tags."

There, much better.
And if all the WL’s keep putting their own residents down, insulting them, etc, it will probably only be two residents speaking up again next year.

Any of the WL’s could have helped like WB did, or posted ahead of time about the meeting etc. But it probably makes the WL’s feel better so they can pat themselves on the back and belittle others.

I’m sure belittling is the right way to raise someone, teach someone, educate someone and correct someone, right?

If my boss belittled his crew every chance he gets how much effort would that crew put out? If I belittle my kid every chance I get how will that help him? WL’s belittle anyone they can any chance they get. I bet it really works. I’m sure every ceo, teacher, parent, grandparent, coach, etc could learn to manage, teach, raise, coach, etc better by the WL’s in this board.

Keep it up though. You guys are doing a ton of good getting people to go to meetings and voice their opinions. Oh wait, you didn’t. The WL’s just belittled people after the fact. There is a tiny echo chamber of WL’s on this board. Obviously a lot of Wyoming residents don’t feel the same. A perfect example is that only two residents showed up for the meeting.

Keep it up though since it’s working so well. ??

And if all the WL’s keep putting their own residents down, insulting them, etc, it will probably only be two residents speaking up again next year.

Any of the WL’s could have helped like WB did, or posted ahead of time about the meeting etc. But it probably makes the WL’s feel better so they can pat themselves on the back and belittle others.

I’m sure belittling is the right way to raise someone, teach someone, educate someone and correct someone, right?

If my boss belittled his crew every chance he gets how much effort would that crew put out? If I belittle my kid every chance I get how will that help him? WL’s belittle anyone they can any chance they get. I bet it really works. I’m sure every ceo, teacher, parent, grandparent, coach, etc could learn to manage, teach, raise, coach, etc better by the WL’s in this board.

Keep it up though. You guys are doing a ton of good getting people to go to meetings and voice their opinions. Oh wait, you didn’t. The WL’s just belittled people after the fact. There is a tiny echo chamber of WL’s on this board. Obviously a lot of Wyoming residents don’t feel the same. A perfect example is that only two residents showed up for the meeting.

Keep it up though since it’s working so well. ??
Question: Have you ever gone back and read your own posts? Pot meet Mr. Kettle.

And I can correct something else; three showed up at the meeting to speak against, only two were on this thread. Yeah it will get posted next year and hopefully things will change.

Hardly ever. You are right. I’m just like the WL’s. I want something changed so I’m going to belittle someone that wants the exact same thing I do. Pretty sure that’s not what I did but I could be wrong. I’m sure you will point it out if I am ?

Sorry I misunderstood your first post. So 3 total residents, 2 from this thread. I’m sure the 2 will recruit a ton of people to speak out next year using the same tactics they are using in this thread and previous tactics. It must be working since 3 people spoke at the meeting. ??

Again there is a tiny echo chamber of WL’s on MM. It isn’t indicative of most Wyoming residents.

It must be working since 3 people spoke at the meeting. ??
Since most agenda items at Commission meetings get no public comment; three on one item is noteworthy. I guess you didn't know that. I'm sure many on here don't.

Fine and dandy, we all participate on here, but coming from someone who stays informed and gets involved, trust me when I say it's far more common to see complaints on forums like this, while no one is out there trying to help and get involved except the same few people.

Then you comment that it's my responsibility to inform so people will participate? Try again...

Hardly ever. You are right. I’m just like the WL’s. I want something changed so I’m going to belittle someone that wants the exact same thing I do. Pretty sure that’s not what I did but I could be wrong. I’m sure you will point it out if I am ?

Sorry I misunderstood your first post. So 3 total residents, 2 from this thread. I’m sure the 2 will recruit a ton of people to speak out next year using the same tactics they are using in this thread and previous tactics. It must be working since 3 people spoke at the meeting. ??

Again there is a tiny echo chamber of WL’s on MM. It isn’t indicative of most Wyoming residents.

So, you have the pulse of the Residents hunters all the way from North Dakota?

Tell us, tuffie, what are their concerns? What are you "hearing"?

Just curious if you're so connected and concerned with everything WY, where were you?

How come you didn't know about the commission meeting? The meeting agenda? Its posted for months in advance.

You're like a blister, show up once the work is done...

That One Shot Event is messed up - it is embarrassing for the sporting community. Minimizing women, making a mockery of Native Americans, and handing tags to a select few. Let's fix this before we go after non-residents tag allocations?! Put all 80 in the resident pool - won't hurt most non-residents one bit. This is way worse than anything SFW is doing - even auctioning these 80 tags to the highest bidder would be an improvement. It is really hard to believe this is actually occurring in 2021. Can anyone think of an example of a greater misappropriation of big game tags? I am drawing a blank right now.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom