One size.. Thor soes NOT fit Accura V2

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
FYI: tried out my thor one size fits all... they do NOT fit in my accura V2. Sizing kit says my barrel is .500.

Had no luck getting it in barrel. So if you have a gun that these bullets fit, hit me up. I d like to get rid of em to someone who can use them. They are 300 gr. About $28 + shipping from muzzle-loaders.com.

Trade for some Colorado -legal deer/elk bullets? Or Thor 300 grain .500 if anyone has some they can't use. Maybe i ll try to exchange them w Thor.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-19 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]

I have not tried any "one size" Thors, but wonder if you have given it a fair shot. Frontier: have you or others you know used any of these bullets in that gun? Seems to me that if the .500 Thor bullet fits his gun, then this one should if he loads it correctly

To give it a fair shot, you have to know the "trick" about these kinds of bullets. Many people had the same issue with the Hornady FPBS that were one size fits all as well.

You have to have a short bullet starter, like this one:
https://www.cabelas.com/product/sho...-universal-loading-tips/1383657.uts?slotId=40

You set the bullet in the top of the barrel, and using the loading tips that come with this starter place the starter on top of the bullet and give it a couple of hard "whaps" with your palm. This shoves it down the barrel slightly and sizes the rear bell to your specific gun. you should then be able to shove it down the barrel the rest of the way with your ramrod. However, I always use a ramrod like this one to make that job easier:
https://www.cabelas.com/product/sho...iversal-power-rod-ramrod/706074.uts?slotId=35

The only way this bullet could work on all of those barrels is if the actual bullet is small enough to go down a 0.500 barrel, but the rear bell is larger and has to be down sized to your 0.500 barrel. Copper is tough, so it will take some force to start the bullet. But then should go easier after you get it started

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

And having the 'T' handle ramrod helps a lot too! Could also use a "palm saver" pusher for the end of the ramrod

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

stoked so far on the results from my .502's that I got after using the sizing kit. I imagine the one size fits all would work for me but happy with the results so far. Actually touched bullets at 100 yrds somehow!

My dumbass should have dug this thread up sooner… ordered 60 of those One size suckers in 300… from Thor need to check them out and see if they will work in my accura

FYI: tried out my thor one size fits all... they do NOT fit in my accura V2. Sizing kit says my barrel is .500.

Had no luck getting it in barrel. So if you have a gun that these bullets fit, hit me up. I d like to get rid of em to someone who can use them. They are 300 gr. About $28 + shipping from muzzle-loaders.com.

Trade for some Colorado -legal deer/elk bullets? Or Thor 300 grain .500 if anyone has some they can't use. Maybe i ll try to exchange them w Thor.
Join the crowd. I used Thor's sizing kit to order 300 grainers (Accura V2) for CO bull elk this Fall. The ones I received couldn't be loaded not even 1" past the muzzle. God forbid I'd need a followup shot. The Hornady BD FTX 290 grs. and Fury Bullets (Universal Fit .4995) 320 grs. loaded and grouped like a champ. 1/2" groups at 50 yds. (currently doing load development). Will try these out at 75-100 yds. next range day with the Williams Western Precision peep/globe sight system. Then decide which I'll use in the CO mountains this Fall.

I used the sizing kit and like others, had hell trying to get a 2nd load in after a first shot.

Their guidance of 10 to 20 lbs force is a little vague in figuring size, not many have a handheld compression guage to know.

So got a chance to shoot the OSFA thors this weekend, they need a little elbow grease with the short starter but once in they are good to go. Put on a set of Williams western a while back so just making sure I was on paper at 35 yards. Will have to work on load development as I want to make the 300 Thors work for the elk tag I have this year 3 shots up close were pretty ugly with 100 grn vol of 777, so now I guess I back it down or bump it up and see what happens

I have found volumetric powder measures to be inconsistent enough to see a wide margin of error. If I do loose powder, I go by weight on a reloading scale with a tenths decimal of accuracy. I know it can be cumbersome when working up a load...

I have found volumetric powder measures to be inconsistent enough to see a wide margin of error. If I do loose powder, I go by weight on a reloading scale with a tenths decimal of accuracy. I know it can be cumbersome when working up a load...
I switched to weighing my BH209 powder versus measuring by volume as well.. For load development I'll pre-weigh a total of 20 powder charges (100, 105, 110 grs, etc.) before I get to the range. It actually becomes a fairly efficient process to shoot then since there is nothing to measure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom