One Skillet Cajun Potatoes and Andouille sausage

Blank

Long Time Member
Had an open pack of Andouille sausages and a bunch of extra stuff in the fridge. I thought I'd throw something together. The girls wanted Texas Roadhouse, and I can do better than that for myself!!!

This is what I ended up with. Can you imagine this for breakfast, with eggs??

2 lb small red potatoes quartered, or colored fingerling potatoes (halved).
Small amount of olive oil to coat bottom of pan
1 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning (Magic Dust used here for me - more or less, to your taste)
Ground sea salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
2 medium green onions, or leeks, w/ green tops removed, and sliced 1/4” thick
3 cloves garlic, minced (can use garlic powder, if no fresh available)
Fresh mushrooms, sliced (can substitute canned sliced mushrooms).
1 Bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
2 tsp fresh thyme, rough chopped and divided
1/2 tsp cumin or fennel seed
1 - 14 oz smoked andouille sausage, or 3 links, cut to 1/4-inch thick pieces on angle

In a large skillet heat a few drizzles of extra virgin olive oil. Add the potatoes to the pan and sprinkle with approx. 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning, sea salt and black pepper.

Cook the potatoes for several minutes and brown them on one side, before you attempt to turn them to prevent them from breaking up.

Remove the green tops from the onions and slice into 1/2 inch slices. Place into cold water, and use your hands to "swish" around to remove any sand trapped between the layers. Drain and pat dry.

Continue cooking the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, until tender

Add the sliced onions, minced garlic, cumin/fennel seed and 1 tsp fresh thyme. Sprinkle with the remaining Cajun seasoning.

Cook for 5 additional minutes, until the onions/leeks begin to soften and brown.

Slice the sausage into 1/4 inch slices on an angle, and add to the pan. Continue to cook over medium heat for another 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender, and the sliced sausage has browned.

Adjust the creole seasoning, salt and pepper to your taste, then sprinkle with the remaining chopped thyme before serving.

(Sliced sweet onion wedges may be substituted for the green ones, if desired).

0609191B-9D08-44D5-9258-D52D39E8A0AD.jpeg

A065AF14-7882-4457-AEE2-0360F88781EC.jpeg

953D2585-D713-49C2-98B7-96060A4442D6.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom