One special buck

Uttaxi1

This started about a year ago when I had a client contact me. He was telling me he had aquired a set of mule deer sheds that were rather large and would like them mounted. I asked him a rough size on the sheds so I could start the process of finding a cape. He said it would take the largest I could find. As many of you know this is no easy task. Well as luck would have it I was able to track down one that I thought would fit the bill, I sent him some pics and he agreed. As of now I had not seen this set in person, we arranged a time to meet so I could get these from him. I live in Utah and he is Idaho so we generally meet halfway. I was in disbelief when I finally laid my eyes on them as this was one of the largest typical frames deer I have ever seen. The g2s are 23 6/8 and 23 7/8 just for perspective and is set at 35" outside spread. I am truly honored to be able to mount this deer as it is probably one of the biggest I will ever get to mount with the declining mule deer population. I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays healthy.
Ross

125756.jpeg

125757.jpeg

125758.jpeg

125759.jpeg

Wow, what a gorgeous buck and mount! I bet it was like Christmas when you found the sheds! It's kind of like catch and release fishing with sheds! Did you ever see the buck with his antlers attached? There aren't many bucks with 23+" g2's!

Thanks for all the kind comments. I believe they were picked up a few years ago. I am not aware of him being seen on the hoof. The gross non typical score was 250. I think he would make book both as a typical and non typical. Here is a pic of it next to a 180 class antler for comparison. The g2 on the smaller one is 17 3/8". If anyone has any questions or needs some work done let me know. You can message me here or call or text anytime
Ross Richard 8018568506

124959.jpeg

You can be proud of the job you did, You did awesome job on the mount. If the unit he was in was made public the odds to get a tag for it would skyrocket.

What a great set of sheds and good looking mount. Did you make the antlers detachable so that they can be admired on the mount and still held. There's just something about hefting a huge shed that does it for me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom