OnX question

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
So I have on x for one state I'm thinking about going elite. It looks like even though I've already paid the premium membership for one state that doesn't knock it off the membership of the elite, correct? So I have to pay the full $99?

Gaia is the best. OnX is expensive and geared towards flat brimmers. So yeah schoolhousegrizz you better cough up the 100 bucks hahaha

I recently talked to Camofire about any upcoming OnX deals and was told there won’t be anymore. They are switching to Basemaps.

Oh well. That's too bad, but then again, I guess OnX is where they need to be now on marketing and sales.

Or, Gaia is getting ready to buy them...

The main reason I use onX is because from what I’ve been told it’s what fish and game officers use for public/private land boundary’s, therefore even if onX is wrong on who owns the land I still won’t get cited for trespassing, plus I really like knowing who owns what land. If I didn’t care about that stuff I’d use scout to hunt which is free for all 50.

I use OnX and like it the most. Recently my group of hunting friends went to New Mexico on an elk hunt. 3 of 4 had Basemaps, I had OnX. I was the only one who could use my maps. The one Father/son duo that had basemaps, would stand right next to each other and it would show them in 2 totally different spots. Half the time it wouldnt track their tracks. And the list went on. Needless to say, they hated it and said they would spend the money for OnX.

The main reason I use onX is because from what I’ve been told it’s what fish and game officers use for public/private land boundary’s, therefore even if onX is wrong on who owns the land I still won’t get cited for trespassing, plus I really like knowing who owns what land. If I didn’t care about that stuff I’d use scout to hunt which is free for all 50.
I recently came across a dead head and when reporting it the first question was do I have OnX so I could share the way point.

FYI, you can have the onx app on your phone and use most of the features without paying for a subscription.

I recently got basemap, still in the early stages of using it, but so far I think I prefer onx better. But I can still use my onx but if I need to check a boundary or something switch over to BM and check out what I need too.

That includes if I need to send a way point to someone.

To add on to what Jake said, if you only have a membership for one state, you can still download offline maps for areas in other states, you just can’t the turn on the different “Hunt” layers. This may or may not be helpful to you, but if you know the unit boundaries and are sure you’re not trespassing (e.g., in a National Forest area where you know there isn’t any private), you could use the app with basically full functionality minus land ownership info. If the land ownership boundaries are what you need, then this probably won’t help.

I have Onx elite, love it. Used it on an Antelope hunt in Wyoming, and 2 Utah hunts. I upgraded from 1 state to the Elite version. They just charged me the difference. I think that was your question correct?

All are offline maps

OnX
IMG_4318.PNG

GAIA w/Google Earth hack
IMG_4319.PNG

Basemap
IMG_4317.PNG

I have Onx elite, love it. Used it on an Antelope hunt in Wyoming, and 2 Utah hunts. I upgraded from 1 state to the Elite version. They just charged me the difference. I think that was your question correct?
Yes I was wondering if I could just pay the difference. Did you call them up over the phone and they helped you out?

I just sent them an email from the “contact us” button, exactly where I can’t remember. Had it done within a day. Zero issues.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom