Open sights on a CVA Paramount

3TOE

Very Active Member
I live in NV & all of my mule deer hunting takes place here & in UT.
I have been considering buying the new CVA Paramount & as most of you probably know it isn't offered with open sights as an option. Since I cannot hunt with a scope here in NV or UT I was wondering if any of you have tackled the task of deciphering a sight set up for the Paramount.
I know that it would need to be drilled & tapped, but I was hoping someone could offer some advice that has already gone through the challenges of finding what will work.
When all is said & done, I'm hoping to build a muzzleloader that can be used with or without a scope depending on the states that I do some hunting in.

Thanks in advance!

For those who may be interested that live in the western states that don't allow scopes, I contacted CVA this morning & they informed me that the Paramount will be offered with open sights & drilled/tapped for a scope.
This option will be available as early as March of next year. ??

First thing is that UT allows scopes, so you don't have to worry about open sights there if you don't want to.

Second, is that if you are wanting to put a rear peep on a Paramount, I have a post that is only a few threads down on the muzzleloading page called "Williams FP setup on a traditions". That process should work for installing the rear peep and then you would just need to have the barrel tapped for a front sight. I have seen this process work on other CVAs now as well too, so I imagine it should work for the paramount.

If you don't want a rear peep it sounds like you already found your answer and can buy the muzzy with the traditional open sights when they release it.

>First thing is that UT allows
>scopes, so you don't have
>to worry about open sights
>there if you don't want
>to.
>
>Second, is that if you are
>wanting to put a rear
>peep on a Paramount, I
>have a post that is
>only a few threads down
>on the muzzleloading page called
>"Williams FP setup on a
>traditions". That process should work
>for installing the rear peep
>and then you would just
>need to have the barrel
>tapped for a front sight.
>I have seen this process
>work on other CVAs now
>as well too, so I
>imagine it should work for
>the paramount.
>
>If you don't want a rear
>peep it sounds like you
>already found your answer and
>can buy the muzzy with
>the traditional open sights when
>they release it.

Man! Thanks for the info on UT!!! I had no idea they had changed the law starting in 2016. Lol

As for the peep / front sight system... I was actually hoping that someone could provide the specific brand, height, size etc for the Paramount. I changed my sights on my Knight a few years back and had to make 2 additional purchases after my original to get the correct set up.

As you stated, I'm just going to wait until next spring to see if CVA rolls out the Paramount with the fixed sights.

Thanks again for the info on UT... I feel like an idiot. Too funny!

not sure about paramount, but on CVA accura V2 i used Marble front ramp (lowest they had available at MidwayUSA) and Lyman front globe with the Lee Shaver inserts. Williams peep in the back, made for CVA barrels. I shopped Midway and Brownells for parts.

I'd probably just wait til new model comes out - drilled already. I asked a gunsmith about drilling for rear peep b/c my eyes were wanting the peep further from my eyes, closer to middle of barrel instead of so far to rear... they wanted a heck of a lot of money. Needs to be a precise job obviously, i wasnt able to do it myself. I just kept it as is, and removed aperture to make a ghost ring type of setup. Works well, i have not had to take a long shot in the field but can get on paper at 200 yards.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom